Skin Type- Combination to Oily; Sensitive Skin – No
I got both the cleansing cream and the lip and eye makeup remover from The Face Shop as I went crazy seeing so many “new” stuff. The Rice Water Bright range is popular among the huge variety of products in The Face Shop and the SA actually convinced me to pick the range as it is good for all skin types and it is an effective product. Read on to know how it fared for me.
Price – Rs 565/- (approx.)
• A moisturizing and brightening cleansing line using quality Rice Water, Moringa Oil and Soapwort.
• Rice Water:
• Rice is rich in vitamins, amino acid, hydrochloric acid and other nutrients.
• These substances will remain in the water when the rice is washed.
• As a result, rice water enjoys a reputation as a natural skin care product, with its superior effects of moisturizing and brightening the skin.
• Moringa Oil:
• Purifies skin with its exceptional oxidative stability and skin rejuvenating properties.
• Detoxifies any impurities on the skin, leaving skin feeling soft, clean and refreshed.
• Excellent natural surfactant which is mild yet powerful.
• This saponin-rich herb purifies the skin and softens the dead skin cells.
• Provides skin moisture and prevents skin from drying.
• As a ‘Emulsion in Toner’ formula, it is separated into 2 layers with milk-colored emulsion on top and clear water base on bottom part.
• Keeps the eye and mouth area from dehydrating, removing makeup without irritation.
My Experience with The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Lip & Eye Makeup Remover:
The makeup remover comes in acute handy plastic bottle, light peach in color and a black cap. The details about the product are mentioned at the back of the bottle. It is lightweight and hence can be taken to trips in the beauty bag. I quite like the simplicity of the packaging.
The remover is bi-phased with a milky top layer and a watery bottom layer which has to be shaken to mix the two fluids. It comes of as a very faint white milky fluid on the cotton pad. There is a light soothing fragrance to the remover which is pleasant to my sensitive nose.
It effectively removes makeup without any irritation. For long-wear formula it takes a while to break down the makeup, so I hold the wet cotton pad on the eyes/lips for a few seconds before wiping off. There is no residue to the product and that is definitely worth mention as most of the bi-phased removers leave an oily cast behind. It makes the face fresh and squeaky clean which I love. Washing the face with a cleanser after makeup removal is completely optional as there is nothing bothersome left behind.
Clean Skin after 2-3 swipes:
Pros of The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Lip & Eye Makeup Remover:
• Handy packaging.
• Does not irritate eyes.
• No cloudiness.
• No oily layer left behind.
• Effectively removes makeup.
Cons of The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Lip & Eye Makeup Remover:
• Quantity is less.
• Takes a while for long wearing makeup.
IMBB Rating – 4/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Lip & Eye Makeup Remover?
Yes to both!
Best Makeup Removers Available in India
Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup Remover
Maybelline Makeup Remover Eye, Lip
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
Lotus Make-Up Remover for Eyes-Lips-Face
Colorbar On The Go Makeup Remover Wipes
Best Homemade Makeup Removers
Faces Hydro Makeup Remover