Today’s post is all about some natural and effective home remedies for frizzy hair. Frizzy hair is a very common problem that most of us face every now and then. No matter what your hair type is – soft, silky, straight, or densely curly or lusciously wavy- it is but natural that there will be days on which your hair will be extremely frizzy. Frizzy hair is a sign of dry and dehydrated hair. Now, this could be the result of environmental conditions, such as very low moisture levels in the air, excessive air pollution, excessive humidity, high temperatures, etc. On the other hand, it could be a result of your dietary and lifestyle preferences.
Because frizzy hair is such a common and annoying occurrence, it’s useful to take a look at some all-natural and effective tips and home remedies that can help you restore your soft and silky tresses.
1. The good old coconut oil: Coconut oil is the ultimate answer to every beauty, skincare and hair care woe. If you have frizzy hair or flyaways, you can be rest assured that a little bit of coconut oil is going to work a lot of its magic! You could either massage your hair and scalp in warm coconut oil and rinse it off after an hour, or you could apply a few drops of cold-pressed, virgin, organic coconut oil through the ends of your hair after you wash it. This will help restore the lost moisture in the hair and will help tame it and bring back the softness and shine to your tresses.
2. Banana and honey hair mask: Banana and honey are both extremely moisturizing ingredients, and together they work wonders for dry and frizzy hair. You could mash up a banana so that it forms a fine pulp. In a bowl, add some honey to the banana. You could also add a few drops of coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil to this mixture. Apply this to your hair as a mask and rinse it off with shampoo and conditioner after 30-40 minutes.
3. Beer rinse: Beer is known for its magical effects on frizzy hair for a long time now. Open a can of beer and pour it out into a large bowl. Leave it open for a few hours until the beer goes flat. Shampoo your hair in the shower as usual, and use this flat beer afterwards instead of using a conditioner. Allow it to soak into your hair for a couple of minutes and rinse it off with cold water. You will find that your hair feels incredibly soft, silky and shiny afterwards.
4. Egg and coconut milk mask: Crack open an egg into a bowl. Add a little bit of coconut milk to the raw egg. Apply this to your hair as a mask. Allow it to sit for 45 minutes before washing it off with shampoo and conditioner.
5. Sleep on satin or silk pillowcases: Ditch those cotton pillow covers if you’re suffering from dry and frizzy hair. Sleeping on a soft and silky pillowcase will restore the smoothness and shine in your hair and prevent it from becoming frizzy and unmanageable.
6. Avoid using hot water to wash your hair: This is a mistake that most of us tend to make quite often. While it’s very tempting to stand under a hot shower, especially in the winter months, this is the main culprit for dry and frizzy hair. Always use cold or lukewarm water to wash your hair. Make sure that your final rinse before stepping out of the shower is with cold water. This will help restore the shine and softness to your hair.