How are you all doing?? So the extended winters are almost over and sun is shining at full strength! Now is the time when we need to protect ourselves from the harsh sunrays and also the ultraviolet rays. How much ever we try to avoid going out in the sun, it is simply not possible! We use a lot of sunscreen lotions and gels to protect us, but our gentle skin still cannot escape the heat and as a result it goes through tanning!
I used to spend a lot of money, going to the parlor for anti-tan treatments. Some time back, one of my friends suggested these simple treatments which can be made easily at home to remove tan. The ingredients used in most of the market-bought products are easily available at home. So today, I would be sharing 2 DIYs that I follow on the weekends during summers to keep my skin soft and get rid of the week-long tan!
Rice Flour Exfoliating Pack:
• Rice Flour
• Tomato Juice
• Take 2 tablespoons of Rice Flour and add a pinch of turmeric to it.
• Add 1 tablespoon of tomato juice to the dry mixture.
• Next, add few drops of water to make a smooth paste.
• Mix all the above ingredients with the help of a spoon or your clean finger and your pack is ready.
Apply the pack over tan-affected areas and let it dry for some time. Dampen your hands with some water and start rubbing over the pack in circular motion. In the end, wash off the pack with cold water and pat dry with a towel. You can apply some moisturizer or aloe vera gel after this for a soothing effect.
Benefits of the ingredients used:
• Rice flour removes the dead skin cells and acts as a whitening agent.
• Turmeric powder gives a glowing and even-toned skin. Make sure to add only a pinch of turmeric as it can leave a yellow stain, if used in large quantity.
• Tomato juice has got de-pigmentation properties.
Cooling Tomato Face Mask:
• Tomato Pulp
• Lemon Juice
• Wheat Flour (optional)
• Take 2 tablespoons of tomato pulp.
• Add 1 tablespoon of yogurt (curd) to it.
• Squeeze half a lemon and add 1 tablespoon of this juice to the above mixture.
• Mix all the above ingredients with the help of a spoon or your clean finger.
*Tip: This paste will be a bit runny as all liquid ingredients are used, I add 1 tablespoon of regular wheat flour to this mixture to bind the paste nicely.
Apply this pack to your clean face or tan affected areas and let it dry. It takes 25-30 minutes to dry since it is a runny pack. Gently scrub the pack with your wet fingers in upward motion and wash it off with cold water. Due to lemon in the pack, it might sting a bit for sensitive. It’s bearable.
Benefits of the ingredients used:
• The citric property of tomato, yogurt and lemon juice works as a natural bleach.
• Tomato juice works as a natural toner to shrink open pores and reduce oiliness of skin.
• Lemon acts as a lightening agent.
• Yogurt keeps the skin soft without depleting the skin’s moisture.
I keep alternating between these easy homemade packs to get rid of my tan. All these ingredients are available in our kitchen and can save us from spending a lot of money.I hope this post is useful for you guys and let me know; after trying out these simple treatments. Be beautiful until next time.
5 Homemade Face Packs To Remove Tan
Homemade Face Mask for Glowing Skin
DIY: Aloe Vera Face Pack for Glowing Skin
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Face Pack for Glowing Skin: Do It Yourself
VLCC Clear Tan Fruit Face Pack
VLCC Anti Tan Facial Kit
How to Remove Face Tan
Homemade Papaya Face Pack To Remove Tan
Saffron+Yogurt+Gram Flour Anti-Tan Face Pack: DIY
Homemade Skin Brightener : Daily Beauty Tips
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
Gram Flour Mask with Green Tea – Do It Yourself
Image source 1