WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Make-up is an art. Well at least for me it is and no art is perfect without practice. Most of us sometimes shy away from make-up either because we are not sure about the end result or because we feel a little uncomfortable going out with make-up because it changes our face. Well, lovely ladies, what’s the harm in adding to the beauty of something that’s already beautiful? Make-up doesn’t necessarily mean we have to go all in and transform our face. Make-up can also be used to add just a little bit of finesse that makes one look more put together. I have compiled a list of make-up rituals that I follow and I hope that you will give them a try and that you like the post.
1. Don’t ignore the brows – I have been passionate about make-up for as long as I can remember but I never really paid attention to the brows. Big mistake. Brows frame the face and no matter how much make-up you put on the rest of your face, something’s missing if the eyebrows aren’t groomed. Grab an eyebrow pencil or an eyebrow kit or even a matte eyeshadow that matches your brow color and start today. I use a taupe eye shadow to fill in my brows.
Lakme Black Eyebrow Pencil – Rs. 55
2. Tightlining – Tightlining is basically lining your upper lashline from directly below it with kohl/liner just like you would your lower waterline. It makes the lashes look thicker and the eyes bigger. We ignore doing this but trust me, it adds that little something that just an eyeliner doesn’t. Tightlining is a tricky affair and I find it uncomfortable too. You’ll get the hang of it with time. Just use your regular kohl pencil for this.
3. Bronzer – Westeners use a bronzer to bring color to their pale skin. We, however need a bronzer for a different reason. Once we put on a foundation, it may end up looking too light or unnatural. It is then that you use a bronzer to warm up the sides of your face to match with the rest of your body. It does wonders for me and I highly recommend this step. Just take a bronzer or a compact at least a shade darker than the foundation and using a brush, apply it from the side of your forehead to the side of your chin in a 3 motion. And remember to blend blend blend.
4. The power of a powder – Foundation/Concealer is a wet/creamy product and is prone to melting away with time if you don’t set it with a powder. We underestimate the power of a pressed powder. I always apply foundation first, then conceal any visible dark spots with a concealer and then set it with a powder. It not only prevents my make-up from moving around but also makes it last longer. There are powders that give you coverage as well as translucent powders available.
I use : Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder – Rs. 710
5. Sealing the curve with a waterproof mascara – So we curl our lashes and put on a non-waterproof mascara. The lashes look good for a minute or two but then the mascara starts to weigh the lashes down. The trick is to use a waterproof mascara immediately after you curl your lashes. This seals the curve and gives you curled lashes all day.