When it comes to losing weight, there’s actually no need to make drastic changes and eat bland and tasteless food for weeks and months to get lean, unless you are living an extremely sedentary lifestyle and completely dependent on junk food to survive. When it comes to weight loss, there’s just not one way that will help shed all that extra weight – correct dieting practice, lifestyle changes, exercise and a whole lot of small little things would help you steer to your goal weight. In fact, with the right diet plan and workout routine, you can drop significant pounds without resorting to extreme or unhealthy measures. No, we are not talking about appetite-suppressant powders or fat-cutter pills, instead try these 10 tricks to see weight loss results fast.
1. Try These Fat-Burning Combinations: When they say, “two is better than one,” they are probably talking about these amazing food combinations that help to boost weight loss with their different nutrient combinations. When combined together, they amp up nutrient quotient of the dish, increase metabolism, and help burn fat much better than when used alone. For example, combining high glycemic fruits with a slow-digesting fiber source will help to stabilize blood sugar levels, absorb vitamins from the fruit better, and prevent unnecessary hunger pangs, and discourage fat storage. Having apple with peanut butter, green tea with lemon, eggs and capsicum together, oats and chia seeds together work really well. If you want to trim your waist in a jiffy and melt down the extra pounds, here are some food combinations you should try. Here are “12 Food Combinations That Boost Weight Loss.”
2. Water Preloading: We all know that “water” motors up and boosts weight loss efforts a great deal. We should ensure that by the end of the day, we have taken up at least 8 glasses of water. But do you know with a technique called “water preloading,” can curb appetite and help slash calorie consumption. Here’s how you do it – Water preloading is a healthy and almost effortless way to aid weight loss. In this strategy, experts recommend to consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such a quantity of water before the meal will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.” This means you would feel full with less food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating.
3. Put the Fork Down After Each Bite: Did you know that it takes around 20 minutes for the brain to send signals to your tummy that it is getting full. If you eat or gulp down food, you are eating way too many calories than required and it would take a long time and a lot of food before you actually feel full! To counter this, put your fork/spoon down after each bite and chew food really well. By doing this, you would realize that you are almost full by the third or fourth bite, hence saving a lot of calories.
4. Cut out Added Sugar: Sugar is probably your #1 enemy, preventing weight loss, also causing weight gain. Sugar has empty calories which quickly get digested and you would feel hungry shortly after. Sugar also raises inflammation which is the main cause behind life-threatening diseases such as cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Not to mention, inflammation makes it extremely difficult to shed weight.
5. Keep Treats Out of Sight: Research says that people who are trying to lose weight succeed a great deal when they can resist the sight and smell of food. Hence, it would help a great deal to keep unhealthy treats out of sight. The “out of sight, out of mind” formula works here, so don’t keep high-calorie, unhealthy foods in the home, instead try the healthy snacks mentioned on the Rati Beauty diet.
6. Try These Household Chores: Calorie deficit is the key factor that pushes the body to reach out to its stored fat and burn away extra layers as a source of fuel to run all its functions smoothly. However, it’s not necessary to spend hours together in the gym to torch calories when you can melt away those love handles doing some basic household chores. Here’s a list of “12 Household Chores That Would Help Burn Calories.”
7. Consume More Water-Dense Vegetables: Water-dense vegetables such as cucumber, tomatoes, celery, capsicum, radish, zucchini, lettuce, etc., make you full without adding too many calories. Also, these water-dense vegetable help to hydrate the body as well.
8. Fill Half Plate with Veggies: Most veggies are extremely low in calories but they are extremely filling. They nourish the body with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, protein, minerals, necessary to synthesize essential hormones and enzymes that boost weight loss. Though healthy foods should be taken in limited amount, fresh vegetables are an exception, which you can eat as much as you can and rarely get into a calorie surplus!
9. Cardio Exercises to Do at Home for Weight Loss: Cardio exercises work on large muscles of arms, legs and hips, increasing the heart rate and breathing, and in return, you get to burn calories. They are mostly free hand exercises and are sometimes grouped under the category of free hand exercises called aerobics. Cardio exercises are apt for people who want to exercise at home where one doesn’t have sufficient room/space for installing heavy gym equipment. Here are “8 Cardio Exercises to Do at Home for Weight Loss.”
10. Sleep for 7 Hours: Do yourself a favor, and cut down TV time at night, and get more good-quality sleep if you want to desperately lose weight. Without proper sleep routine, important hormones like ghrelin, leptin, insulin, cortisol go out of whack, making it extremely difficult to lose weight. So, sleep tight, every night, and make sure you are sleeping for at least 7 hours each night.