Many of us will confess to being a lipbalmaholic, at least I do. This condition has caused me to buy lip balms of all kinds – healing, tinted, cute ones, and the ones that smell good or look yummy. Anyway the latest addition to the list is –
“VASELINE LIP CARE – ROSY GLOW “– Strawberry Frost
What it says – Soft pink tint & glossy lips, 24 hour + moisturised lips.
Ingredients – Mineral Oil , Polybutene,Fumed Silica , Polythylene , Menthyl Lactate , Propyl Paraben , Cocoa Butter , Tocopheryl Acetate , Benzophenone – 3, Mica , CI 77891, CI 77491,CI 19140, CI 15850 & Perfume
Price – Rs 60
What it looks like –
You can see how coloured and also how runny it is. Not at all sticky, which is why I don’t like it, will tell you why. Also see the uneven distribution of colour.
Wearing Vaseline Rosy Glow –
Like Vaseline Lip Care Rosy Glow for:
- Being really low priced.
- Having a good colour payoff
- The slanting tip which makes application easy
- Good quantity, will last long.
- Being easily available everywhere
- Making my lips look rosy rosy .
- Imparting shine
- Giving a cooling sensation to lips , the same coolness after you suck on a mint candy
- Having cocoa butter
Don’t like Vaseline Lip Care Rosy Glow because –
- It doesn’t settle down on your lips, feels oily the same way after you have lots of oily food.
- The colour doesn’t distribute evenly, have to rub lips together or even out with fingers, also its runny so tends to bleed.
- Doesn’t stay long, after an hour or so the colour disappears only a clear balm remains.
- Doesn’t withstand eating, one bite and its gone.
- Does nothing for the healing of lips, false claim about keeping lips 24 hour moisturised.
Verdict – This is okayish kind of lip care product. It lives up to its claim of giving you rosy lips. The colour looks really nice. However it doesn’t stay on for long. Its like someone has put tint in a regular Vaseline dabba.
Rating : :-* :-*
I like it because it looks good on me, not very concerned about the not staying part as it is cheap and I don’t usually see myself in situations where I can’t reapply it or have to look good all the time.
Anyway, even if that is needed a good lip gloss will take care. I won’t be depending on this.
Will I repurchase – No, I bought it mainly because it looked nice and I wanted to try it. Maybelline tinted lip balm is next on the list. 🙂
Have you used Vaseline Lip Care Rosy Glow? Please rate in the box below.
- Maybelline Lip Smooth Color & Care Balm SPF 16 Review, Swatches
- Vaseline Lip Care Review
- Biotique Lip Balm and Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel Review
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Immediate Repair Lip Balm Review