Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss-Sheer (Black Cherry) Review
I have been using Bath and Body products for over a decade now. Their body lotions, body creams, body mists and body splashes have never failed to delight partly because they are so irresistible but mainly because they are always gifted to me 😀 This particular Liplicious lip gloss was similarly gifted to me by a foreign-sojourning aunt. I liked it so much that later when my mother went abroad, I asked her to get a couple of these flavours for me. Though I was initially disappointed at not getting my usual favourites (vanilla and cotton candy) in the Liplicious range because they were out of stock, the Black Cherry more than just made up for them. I have been using this particular flavour for over six months now and here is an account of my experience with it:
Price : $ 5
What it claims: The ultimate beauty treat for your lips in an irresistibly fun, fashionable and flirty gloss. Designed to glide on effortlessly, this moisturizing formula delivers the perfect combination of sheer color, mouth-watering flavor and high-glistening shine. A must-have accessory for lips!
Liplicious Sheers provide mouth-watering flavor and high shine in a moisturizing formula
A deep, rich, berry wine color
Vitamin E and jojoba oils soften, smooth and condition your lips
The Good about Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss-Sheer (Black Cherry)
- The gloss is not thick and gooey but slides on smoothly and can be easily and evenly distributed along your lips using the inbuilt squeeze-slant tip.
- This one is for people who prefer a clear gloss AND for those who like a bit of colour because this gloss offers a good mix of both. 🙂
- It has exactly the right amount of shimmer. A little more or a little less would have made this gloss go all wrong for me.
- It makes my lips feel soft, moisturised and supple.
- It makes all the fine lines on my lips completely invisible yay!!! ☺
- I adore its reddish- wine tint! This is perhaps the only tube gloss (amongst my collection of several tube glosses!) that I never use as a top coat but just on its own on bare lips.
- I like the wet-look effect that it gives to my lips coupled with a mirror shine without looking OTT
- Good lasting power of about 3 hours. I do not feel the need for frequent reapplication because my lips remain moisturised even long after the gloss has vanished from my lips.
- You can layer it over another colour but since it is pigmented you have to carefully choose only a coordinating lipstick shade.
- The price
The Bad about Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss-Sheer (Black Cherry)
- It does not smell like cherries but like a bubblegum or fruit punch. I do not hate such scents but then neither do I adore them.
- It definitely does not taste like cherry to me. The taste, however, is nothing unpleasant but too sweet for my liking.
- It gets sticky after a while when it has lost its sheen
- I have dark pink lips myself and the colour flatters my skin tone but it might be too dark for some others.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Verdict: I totally recommend this to everyone as it is easily one of the best glosses I have tried from the Liplicious range.
Would you purchase again?: Yes. Even as I write this article, I am in the process of selecting a few more Liplicious glosses and make up stuff . My American cousins are going to be getting more of these for me in a month from now. God bless our Angreji cousins! :p
Have you used Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss-Sheer (Black Cherry)? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :