VOV AUTO EYELINER – REVIEW AND SWATCHES
The VOV eyeliner is a black roll up pencil with a golden coloured cap .It wasn’t very expensive and the SA was being just so sweet that I ended up buying it even though they didn’t have a tester. It costed me Rs.125.Let’s get to the review now –
VOV AUTO EYELINER
Soft and Smooth
The length of the tip has shortened by around half a centimetre (10 days usage)
The first line is just one swipe, the second line is around 3-4 swipes. The camera did not pick up the colour well. It isn’t so light .Neither is it jet black, medium colour.
As eyeliner –
On my waterline –
2. This is after three hours you can see it hasn’t smudged but has just lightened. (Forget the funny expressions please)
What I like about VOV Eyeliner:
- Smudges negligibly that too after a few hours. Stays on my waterline for a good 4-5 hours and disappears after that. But you can make out that I had applied something.
- The price.
- Makes a good base for my Chambor Powder Kohl, I apply this and then apply my powder kohl on my waterline. It keeps it in place and prevents fall out.
- Comes off easily with any normal make up remover.
- No irritation at all, neither on my waterline nor on the lash line.
- Shelf life of two and a half years, so you can forget it about. 🙂
- Roll up pencil so no wastage because of sharpening.
- Many colours are available.
What I don’t like about VOV eyeliner
- Not waterproof. Bleeds a little if you wash your face.
- Colour is not intense.
- Application is not smooth; you have to go back and forth many times to get the proper colour.
- Because of rubbing so much, eyes feel stretched for a few minutes post application. Its like you can feel that you have applied something. It goes away after sometime.
- My eyelids feel dry after sometime.
- Nothing is mentioned on the pencil, just the importers details and manufacturing and expiry dates.Verdict – While buying, I did not have many expectations from it .It comes cheap and is alright for the price. I don’t tend to use it when I am going to good places (read shopping, dates, dinners, movies 😛 :P). This works as my kajal when I have to go out only for some time and I know I will get back home soon. (Like when I urgently have to go out to get something or for the emergency waxing trip to the parlour.) Because I don’t leave home without kajal , makes me look beaten up . It is not a must buy it is a budget buy.
- I am satisfied with this maybe because I did not expect it to be good. My friend finds this amazing so you buy it only if they allow you to test it. 🙂
Will I repurchase – No, not because it is bad but because I have other kajals to finish first and also have to try Lotus Hypnotica.
Rating – :-* :-* + 0.5
(2.5 because its cheap, smudges negligibly and its roll up, 2.5 points cut because of not being dark enough and not being waterproof).