Coconut oil is not only great for hair and skin, but when consumed internally, it can help shed extra weight and trim waist circumference. Coconut oil is counted as a superfood because of its numerous health benefits. When it comes to weight loss, we all know that a healthy balanced diet and exercise can only guarantee weight loss – but there are some ingredients that can speed up the weight loss process by helping boosting metabolism and aiding with burning fat. Coconut oil is one such ingredient and in this post, we will tell you 6 ways to lose weight by using wonderful oil.
How Coconut Oil helps with Weight Loss?
Coconut oil can not only curb appetite, it can actually help burn fat and that’s because coconut oil is largely made of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) which boost up energy levels and kickstart sluggish metabolism so that your body is actively burning fat through the day.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Weight Loss?
Coconut oil has medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that boost and increase body’s metabolic rate which in turn helps in burning fat. Also, MCTs don’t get stored in the body as fat, they get used up as fuel to run the body’s normal functions.
6 Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Weight Loss:
Here’s how you can use coconut oil in day-to-day life to burn fat and lose weight effectively:
1. Coconut oil with lemon: In a warm glass of water, add 1 tsp of coconut oil and 2 tsp of lemon juice. Mix well and consume it first thing in the morning, on empty stomach. Such a practice every day will help kickstart your metabolism and keep you active through the day.
2. Coconut and almond fat burning smoothie: You can replace your breakfast with this healthy and fat-burning smoothie. Here’s how you can make it – take 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt in a blender, add 2 tbsp coconut oil, 4 almonds, 1/4 tsp ginger, and 1 tsp natural honey. Blend everything together into a smoothie form and consume it as your breakfast. This smoothie will keep you full for a long time and curb your cravings too.
3. Make Bulletproof Coffee: If you are a coffee lover, you would love this coffee! To make bulletproof coffee, make your regular coffee with warm water and coffee powder (without chicory content). Add 1 tsp of coconut and blend everything into a frothy coffee. Pour it out into your favorite mug and enjoy!
4. Use coconut oil in cooking: Replace your regular vegetable/refined oil/seed oil with coconut oil. Coconut oil has a high smoking point and does not give out free radicals upon heating. In fact, olive oil with its low smoking point is not at all good for Indian cooking.
5. Drink 2 tsp of coconut oil on a daily basis: It has been proven through various studies that drinking 2 tsp of coconut oil on a daily basis along with maintaining an active lifestyle, one can decrease their waist circumference up to a few inches.
6. Replace butter with coconut oil in baking: Instead of using copious amounts of butter in baking, use coconut oil to make good use of calories and to satisfy your sweet tooth by replacing refined sugar with coconut sugar.