We all know that Deos/perfumes in our Indian market are doing a roaring trade and it is very lively and profitable. For women who are new to DEO’s let’s start with a little intro!
Deodorants are usually alcohol-based. Alcohol initially stimulates sweating, but may also temporarily kill bacteria. Can be applied directly on underarm skin or be used as body sprays for hands, feet and other external body parts.
Antiperspirants which are another form of deo (an astringent substance applied to the skin to reduce perspiration) attempt to stop or significantly reduce perspiration and thus reduce the moist climate in which bacteria thrive. It is typically applied to the underarms. Some Antiperspirants may block the skin’s pores. Some can cause yellow staining of your clothing.
Now here I talk about my latest body DEO spray.
Yardley of London ‘Lily Of The Valley’ is a traditional British cosmetics brand and is one of the oldest in the world. Established in 1770, its product range consists of perfume, bath and body luxuries, but honestly I came to know about it when one day sitting at home on my couch, watching TV and sipping a cup of coffee, I saw Katrina kaif in Yardley London Ad. Then while wandering in malls without any purpose or plan, somewhere I saw Yardley collections and hence bought its two body sprays English Rose and Lily of valley. Since English rose is already reviewed here I will this time go with Yardley London lily of valley Refreshing Body Spray ….Spray Tonique Pour Le Corps.
PRICE: INR 160
NET CONTENT: 150ml / 96g
USAGE: Hold upright and spray 15cm from the skin.
SHELF LIFE: THREE YEARS (O7/2011-06/2014)
With over 200 years’ expertise, Yardley London selects only the finest ingredients to create its unforgettable fragrance. Experience the classic scent of lily of the valley in this scented body spray.
This body spray leaves your skin filling fresh and subtly fragranced all day with the warm and spicy scent of Lily of the valley.
Available in 6 exotic floral fragrances
- English Lavender: English Lavender is Yardley’s signature fragrance. Lavender’s floral freshness creates a fragrance that is a pleasure to wear. It has unique ability to influence the mind, body and the senses.
- English Rose: light fresh scent that soon deepens to create an evocative floral scent. Also possesses a captivating woody, spicy base which makes it an alluring choice of scent for both daytime & evening.
- Lily of the Valley: Pure lily of the valley, fresh, crisp and clean
- Jasmine: Jasmine with a woody amber and musk base note
- Red Roses: Rose, lilac and jasmine with a woody base of amber and musk
- Sandalwood: Exactly what it says! Somewhat like sandalwood incense stick smell!
Ethyl alcohol, Butane, Propane, Isobutane, Fragrance, Diethylohthalate, Propylene Glycol & Triclosan.
P.S. Did u know?
A mixture of propane and butane, used mainly as vehicle fuel, is commonly known as liquefied petroleum gas (LPG/LP gas, and HERE I FAINTED COMPLETELY…LOLS)
- Great smell. (like lily flowers)
- Good to OK staying power, it stays on me for 4-5hours. I also applied it on my wrist but was able to smell it for not more than 2 hours!
- It has not caused any irritation or burning sensation when applied to the underarms. (unless applied on a cut/waxed area)
- I must say it has very soft nozzle unlike few of my other DEOs.
- Travel friendly, as the cap is tight enough.
- Also available in a 75ml pack (but I could see 75ml version only for the English rose fragrance, so not sure other fragrances are available in India or not in smaller pack)
- The fluorescent green bottle Looks quite British and classy.
- This is an alcohol based body spray. It is 95 % alcohol. A strict NO for sensitive skin, I wouldn’t recommend it to people with sensitive skin and expecting would-be mothers!
- Also when I apply the spray it gives a very sharp smell, Almost as if I am applying an astringent/alcohol! It is only after some time the strong weird smell disappears leaving you with soft lily flower smell.
- Pressurized container.
- Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 degree Celsius.
- Do not pierce or burn even after use.
- Do not spray on naked flame or any incandescent (emitting light) material.
- Do not spray into eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use only as directed.
- Extremely flammable. (look at the ingredients)
- Harmful if taken internally.
DO I RECOMMEND YARDLEY LONDON LILY OF VALLEY?
Well, yes ‘only if’ you like floral perfume kind of smell and if you can stand extra strong smell for first 15 minutes!
WILL I BUY IT AGAIN?– No because we have so many options available in the market. I want to try new fragrances and discover by searching my HG DEO!
Ratings: 3/5 (-1.5 for alcohol %, -0.5 for strong alcohol kind of smell)
Also Read :
Yardley London Red Roses Body Spray & Luxury Soap Review
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Body Mist Review
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Shower Gel Review
Jude & Lily Organic Olive Moisturizer Review
Yardley London English Rose Perfumed Talc Review
Yardley London English Rose Refreshing Deodorant Body Spray Review
London Luxury SoapYardley Sandalwood & English Lavender Review