WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Shower Gel Review
I have tried the TBS Aqua Lily body spray and after falling in love with the fragrance I wanted to try their shower gel as well. I was waiting for a sale in TBS and when I found it I had asked my sister to order it and it came to $5 approximately for 200ml. After using the H2O Tango Mango Shower gel I really needed a pleasant smelling bath and thus I chose to use this.
From The Body Shop:
Best if you want to: Enjoy the rich lather of a refreshing, soap-free cleansing gel that leaves your skin subtly scented with a blissful and uplifting, fresh floral scent.
Best for: all skin types
Notes: green apple, watermelon, dewey bamboo, tangerine, pink pepper, muguet, lily, rose, violet, reseda, cedarwood, musk
How it works:
- Community Trade camomile essential oil soothes skin and calms the senses.
- Glycerin is an effective moisturizer that improves skin’s softness, maximizes hydration, and enriches foam and lather.
- Soap-free formulation is less drying to skin than soap.
Source : http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/shower-gel/prod719037
The shower gel is pretty flowy like a liquid when compared to other shower gels which is in the form of pure gel. Once I pour this light blue coloured liquid the fragrance could be felt and on lathering it, it lathers really well spreading a fresh aquatic aroma in the bath.
I always had a thought that any product that has floral notes would be dominatingly musky but no, this shower gel proved me wrong. Yes it is completely fresh and floral at the same time. It does a decent cleansing job and also my skin does not feel dry after the bath. So that ensures the product is soap free and contains glycerine. To know about the product in brief I am listing the pros and cons here.
Pros of The Body Shop Aqua Lily Shower Gel
- Calming and soothing fragrance. I don’t smell lily in this shower gel . 🙂
- It lathers pretty well.
- Does not make my skin dry.
- Little amount is enough every time and hence the product might last long.
- Price is justified for what it does as I got it in a sale.
- Love the colour that suits the aquatic fragrance.
- Bottle is simple with lid being intact. So good packaging.
- Easily available in all The Body Shop stores.
- Suits all skin types. It is very mild so even people with sensitive skin can use this.
Cons of The Body Shop Aqua Lily Shower Gel
- Nothing much. Might be I can say the price is a bit high [without any sale].
- Though it does not dry my skin it neither moisturizes. A little moisturising effect would have helped me in this winter.
My Rating – :-* :-* :-* :-*
Would I Repurchase – Yes but not immediately. I would like to try even their other shower gels available in the market, as they have a huge collection. Once I have tried all I am sure I will again come back to this, even if this is not the best in the lot.
Have you used The Body Shop Aqua Lily Shower Gel? Please rate in the box below
Also read :
- Pears Shower Gel -Soap Free Review
- The Body Shop Dewberry Bath and Shower Gel + Body Lotion Review
- LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel and Temple Balm Review