Who doesn’t like clean dandruff free hair? Definitely ME! Anti dandruff shampoos only remove those flakes but do they prevent? NO. At the least most don’t. Adding to the misery they dry my scalp. Eventually dandruff returns before the next wash. The cycle goes on and on and on. So this is why, I am always on the lookout for anti dandruff hair solutions and this is how I got hold of this hair cream.
The label says it has Tea Tree Oil and Rosemary and that this hair cream should be used before and after shampoo.
Each gram contains:
Kayaputi 2mg (Tea tree)
Dhanyaka 1mg (Coriander)
Rusmari 1mg (Rosemary)
Vanatulasi 1mg (Holy Basil)
Now time for a little math:
Adding the quantities given in label we get 5mg (out of 1g).
Clearly, there is a LOT of other ingredients, 995 mg (or 99.5 %!!!!!!!).
OMG! I have been so naive in thinking Himalaya herbals was all about herbs. What’s more disturbing is we do not what else is added. They could have blissfully skipped the quantity part. Just the names would have been much more relaxing.
After opening the lid, there is the cream and the fragrance. The fragrance is not pleasant, reminds me of medicine and a tiny bit of tulsi. But maybe it’s just my nose that cannot pick up other scents. The cream is truly a cream, very smooth to touch. So I daringly (read sceptically) applied it on my scalp. Immediate relief. As it contains tea tree oil and tulsi I expected it to slightly sting or be tingly. It was neither. It was intense moisture and my scalp was cool and RELAXED. I combed my hair so as to spread the cream throughout the hair shaft. Next day morning, I shampooed as usual and skipped conditioning jus to see how my hair was. It was good not great though. As the label prescribed, I applied it again, this time using very little (was afraid it would make my hair oily and limp). I combed and then brushed and………… VOILA!! My hair (otherwise DRY and dull) was smooth and shiny all day long and no more itching!!!!! I was very happy with my experience. I started using this cream regularly. (I am using it for more than six months) And in some time I noticed there was a great reduction in my dandruff problem. But when I forgot to use the cream, dandruff returned. Himalaya Anti Dandruff Cream also claims in giving stronger roots. I did notice a positive change, my hair fall reduced. That may be because I have been using other products too and so I won’t give credit fully to this cream.
Pros of Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream
- Price: 100 INR for 175g!
- A small amount is enough for medium length hair and its creamy texture aids in spreading the cream. It lasts for long…really long.
- Gives smooth and shiny hair.
- Relief itching
- Reducing dryness of scalp
- Truly Anti dandruff (as long as you use it).
Cons of Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream
- The packaging! It’s tiresome to open the lid (screw type) and take out the right amount of cream so that I don’t have to double dip my hands into the cream.
- Fragrance is not very pleasant. This is important because the cream stays on your hair for the whole day and it’s surely not the smell I want to go to bed with.
Recently I spotted this version of the same brand hair cream in a supermarket, in a TUBE….
Looks like Himalaya herbals has ears!! Look at the ingredients.
Each ml contains:
Exts: Chanaka 20mg (Bengal gram)
Rusmari 2mg (Rosemary)
Kayaputi 5mg (tea tree)
Karanja 3mg (Indian Beech for anti microbial activity)
Nimba 3mg (neem)
Tila 3mg (Sesame)
Draksha 2mg (Grapes)
That’s A LOT for a ml. Yippee!!!!
This time around they have mentioned the inactives too: Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Climbazole, Sodium benzoate and the colours too!!!! (Tartrazine and Brilliant blue FCF)
Price: 35 INR for 50ml.
I am not sure if this new improvised version is available in a larger quantity, though. I checked their website which lists only the older version. :(
Pros of Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream (tube)
- Everything mentioned above.
Cons of Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream (tube)
- SMELL!!! Not pleasant. At the same time not bad.
- A No-No for those with oily hair. Then again, it may be used before shampoo if dandruff is the biggest concern.
Re-purchase: Definitely YES!
As most say, Himalaya herbals truly delivers (at the least this one does). The review is based on how my scalp and hair reacted to the product. In case any of you want to give it a try, then go for the new version.
Have you tried Himalaya Anti Dandruff Hair Cream? Please rate in the box below.
Also, Read :
- Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo review
- Daily Beauty Tips : Dandruff
- Oriflame White Nettle & Papaya 2- in- 1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- Himalaya anti dandruff hair cream review
- himalaya anti dandruff hair cream