Jordana INCOLOR eyeshadow ’02 Black tie affair’ REVIEW
When I started using makeup about 6 months ago, I was quite obsessed with smokey eyes. I wanted to get a matte jet black eyeshadow and after reading some reviews I decided to get NYX matte black eyeshadow. Unfortunately, it was not in stock at Beauty Centre (where I buy NYX from) and SA showed me a matte black eyeshadow from a brand called Jordana USA. Those who’ve browsed cherryculture might be familiar with the brand. The SA said it would be comparable in quality to NYX and the color seemed dark and matte, so I picked it up.
Price: Rs 190
Quantity : 2.3 g
Shade name : 02 Black tie affair
My experience with the product : The product comes in a sturdy but unattractive packaging. It has the eyeshadow in a rectangular pan with a foam tip applicator. One half of the lid is transparent, so the color can be identified from outside. I have tried wearing this eyeshadow in a lot of ways- without primer, with primer, wet, dry without and without primer. To cut a long story short- to make this eyeshadow work, you need to wear it with primer and apply it wet for a blackest black color. The texture is quite smooth and very fine and its blends well too.
Worn dry and without base :
1. Does not give jet black color
2. Creases and causes fall out within minutes of application.
3. Color begins to vanish few minutes after application.
After 1 hour
Worn wet and with base :
1. Gives jet black color.
2. Stays put upto 4 hours after which it starts creasing .
3. Does not give any fall out.
PROS of Jordana Incolor Eyeshadow
1. Packaging is sturdy and transparent lid allows color to be seen from outside
2. Gives jet black matte color when used wet.
3. Texture is quite smooth and particles are very fine milled.
4. Blends well .
5. Can be used to set liner, kajal .
6. Since the texture is very smooth, the foam tip applicator picks out product well.
CONS – of Jordana Incolor Eyeshadow
1. Creates a lot of fall out if worn dry.
2. Color doesn’t show up well when worn dry.
3. Creates a LOT of fall out in dry state.
4. In wet state, starts creasing after 3 hours of wear.
5. The packaging could have more attractive and classy.
6. Contains parabens
7. Not available easily in India
Overall Verdict: The eyeshadow just cannot be worn dry as it creases, gives crazy fall out and creates a huge mess right up to the cheeks. In wet state, it gives jet black matte color and no fall out but begins to crease after 3 hours of wear even with primer underneath. The texture is quite smooth and blendability is also good but it has a lot of limitations that reduce its wearability. It can be used as a liner in wet state or can be used to set kajal, liner. The packaging is OK, the foam tip applicator is also not bad.
Rating : 2.5/5 (for reasons listed above)
Will I repurchase : No
Have you used Jordana Incolor Eyeshadow Black Tie Affair? Please rate in the box below