From the time I have started using makeup, I have always used just lip-gloss on my lips I have never worn lipstick, because I can’t get used to the look of it on me and I always think it looks a bit odd. I have mentioned this a lot of times here on IMBB, so a review of a lipstick coming from me does sound odd. But I must tell you that I haven’t used lipstick ever with the exception of one, that is, the L’Oreal Glam Shine Cream. I have been using it for quiet some time, infact I am on my second one now. According to L’Oreal, Glam Shine Cream offers a unique result, when applied to the lips, the solid formula transforms into a liquid texture, creating an ultra glossy and shiny color result. Enriched with moisture agents, the glam shine formula leaves you lips soft and supple.
It comes in a shiny silver cardboard box with the name printed on it with a pinkish purplish color. The lipstick itself is a shiny silver metal stick with a pink plastic section between the bottom and the lid. It looks really nice and the lid fastens tightly so there’s no worry of it coming off in your makeup bag. It’s the usual twist-up stick where you twist the bottom section of the stick to get the lipstick high enough up in the tube so you can use it.
I really can’t explain what kind of fragrance it has, I’ve heard people saying its fruity but I really don’t think so. It is kind of an artificial sweet fragrance but it is quiet mild and disappears once it is applied so it won’t be bothersome. I can’t say that its ultra glossy but it definitely has a nice sheen to it. The best part is that it glides on smoothly and it does feels really moisturizing. Infact if you wear it over dry and chapped lips it definitely gives them the moisturized texture like a balm would. Sometimes I feel it does more for my lips than my typical lip balm. This one isn’t kiss proof or transfer resistant, so if you eat or drink something, be prepared to do touchups. But it does stays on for long hours if you don’t eat or drink. The good thing is that even if it disappears it leaves a nice tint on your lips.
The shade I have is Sexy Plum, this is a purplish plum shade (I’m sorry I’m really bad at explaining colors) with golden shimmer particles in it. The one I had earlier was a very light pinkish shade with silver shimmer particles. I dint went to buy it myself so I got stuck with this shade. I actually wanted the shade I was using initially but I had thrown away the empty lipstick bullet so dint knew what shade it was and my mum went to the shoppers stop outlet and the lighting there was bad. She actually couldn’t make out the shades in the bad lighting and so she brought this one for me. It is not that I don’t like this one but I loved the other one a lot.
I bought this one for Rs.560
What I like about L’Oreal Glam Shine Cream:
- It is super duper moisturizing. I dare to say that it is almost as good as the lip balms that we use. It instantly moisturizes my dry and chapped lips.
- This can be worn sheerly and you can also build up the color intensity with a nice two to three coats.
- It stays on nice if you don’t eat or drink anything.
- I like the cute and classy packaging.
- It goes on very smoothly and creamy. I like the feel of it.
- The fragrance is mild and doesn’t bother me much.
- The packaging is sturdy so you don’t have to worry about losing the cap.
- Unlike lip-gloss it leaves a tint to my lips when it fades away so my lips are not entirely bare.
- Doesn’t feels sticky or heavy on the lips
- It doesn’t stay much longer if you eat something. But that isn’t a problem with me since I’m a gloss person and have the habit of touch ups. But this could be really irritating for lipstick habitual people.
- It doesn’t give you the ultra glossy effect as stated by L’Oreal.
- Even when the whole thing has come off the pesky little shimmer particles stay on your lips.
Rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*
Will I repurchase: Yes but in the color I earlier had, it was so pretty.