LAKME PERFECT RADIANCE SKIN LIGHTENING FOUNDATION WITH SPF 11 – REVIEW
Hello, all you lovely, beautiful ladies who are reading this. This is my first post/review on IMBB and I am excited! I cannot do without my daily dose of IMBB, you can certainly call me addicted! I am also excited that a few days back, my hubby gave me my own computer and now I can be completely at ease without rushing through articles in case someone else wanted to use the other computer. Now, let’s get down to some work…… Before I start the review, I just wanted to say a few things that are running through my mind regarding LAKME, as a brand. Lakme has been around for as long as I can remember, and during my teen years, I can clearly remember using a Lakme talcum powder which came in a pink and purple long tin container, though I can’t remember the name of this talc. Then, for my wedding, the lipstick I chose to wear was Lakme’s Exotic Rose (no longer available, of course). It was a bright magenta pink. I also remember a reddish lipstick from Lakme called Primrose, and everyone used to compliment me whenever I wore it. My point is, ladies, we have to admit that Lakme has come a long way since then, and now with all the numerous malls around and international brands available, let’s give Lakme their due – they are really innovating their products, and they can exist in malls amongst the other top brands, and they can hold their stead, and, of course, they have many, many loyal customers. I guess even though we crank and crib about Lakme, our love/hate affair will continue with them!!! This post is a review of:
LAKME PERFECT RADIANCE SKIN LIGHTENING FOUNDATION WITH SPF 11.
The shade I have bought is 01, which is the lightest shade. (Please see Rati’s article with swatches on this, I think they are available in 7 shades).
PRICE – Rs. 450, QUANTITY – 25 ml.
It comes in quite a pretty pink and white packaging box, and the foundation is in a tall slim container, with a plastic cap. It is a pump type dispenser. I have seen some of us here on IMBB talk about that small square thing at the bottom of the container. It is not part of the container, and it’s merely a small plastic ‘holder’, so that the container fits into the box comfortably. Here is what it looks like :
I must say that since I am such a lover of cosmetics, I am always on the lookout for anything that’s new in the market, and I went in for this foundation even though I have oily skin, as the SA told me that it was oil-free, (which is NOT the case), and the thing about the “transluscently radiant” attracted me. You know how us ladies are always wanting some miracle thing to apply, which hopefully will make our skin glow, etc. Anyway, the consistency of this foundation is quite light and it spreads and blends into the skin well. I can’t exactly pinpoint the smell (one might find a bit of an ‘aloe’ smell) but I must say that the smell is pleasant, though a bit strong at first. However, I found that 01, the lightest shade is on the orangish side, not pink at all, or not even skin toned, of course, it depends from person to person, but I feel that Lakme doesn’t make foundations/powders for people like me who have pink undertones. I had to do a lot of blending and then I finished off with a sheer cover pressed powder – Maybelline Dream Matte powder in 02 Rose Ivory (this shade is not available in India). After an hour or two, as is usually the case with my skin, I did find my skin oily, but in the not-so-oily areas like the high cheekbones, there was a slight glow or radiance, but the rest of my face looked extra shiny. So, I would say this foundation is well-suited for ladies with normal skin or normal-to-dry skin, as it does really give a dewy look and a kind of glow and makes the skin look flawless and radiant. But it’s not for ladies with oily skin. You may even, however, stretch it to be used with combination skin, but very little, and followed up with a sheer pressed powder. I have used it thrice so far, and I am thinking of either keeping it for the winter months, or giving it to my Aunt.
PROS of Lakme Perfect Radiance Skin Lightening Foundation
- It seems to be quite an innovative product from Lakme, and I saw an article on IMBB that Lakme have taken out a full range of Perfect Radiance products, so I guess all can be used to achieve proper results, as promised.
- It is good for people with normal to dry skins, as it does give a dewy, glowing finish, due to the pearl particles it contains.
- It would be particularly good for use during the winter months, on people with dry or combination skin in particular. It’s even good to use nowadays on people with this type of skin.
CONS of Lakme Perfect Radiance Skin Lightening Foundation
- I think till date this is the costliest foundation from Lakme.
- Quantity is less for the price they are charging, only 25 ml. Minimum amount of foundations in other leading brands is either 30 ml. or sometimes 50 ml. (1 teaspoon = 5 ml).
- It is not for those ladies with oily skin, and it is definitely NOT oil-free.
- For those of us who like a matte finish, this is not for us.
- Lakme has not updated their website with the details of this Perfect Radiance range. I find that the products usually flood the market first, and their website gets updated much later. This is the case with other products of theirs as well.
Rating : I would give it a :star: :star: + 0.5, but this is my personal opinion. It may work wonders on someone else with less oily skin.
Would I re-purchase it: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- lakme perfect radiance foundation
- lakme perfect radiance foundation review