What is MAC Fix + Spray ?
An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!
Price : Rs 870 (Indian Rupees) for 100 ml bottle
I purchased MAC Fix + spray because everyone goes so ga ga over it that I had to give it a try. Last time I went to the MAC Store I asked the MAC makeup Artist to show me MAC Fix +. She asked me to close my eyes and offered to spray the Fix + on my face. It was hot summer day and as soon as the MUA sprayed to on my face, it felt so refreshing and soothing that I knew had to have it.
What I love about MAC Fix + Spray?
- I love facial mists and this does set my makeup. The other day I was wearing heavy liquid foundation and with the Delhi temperature these days, most liquid foundations are bound to melt. I had sprayed Fix + on my face and my makeup didn’t budge for hours. I was outside (without air conditioning) , inside, moving around without any worry about my makeup slipping or getting ruined in any way.
- I carry it with me and spray it on top of my makeup just to cool myself. You spray it on your face and it evaporates within 30 seconds or so leaving your skin fresh.
- I have used it with my eyeshadows and pigments to bring more intensity to the colour and to set eye shadows. It works great.
- I use it on my bare skin after applying face packs etc. It lightly moisturizes my face.
- I use it after powders and it gives a dewy finish to my skin. MAC fix + removes all the powdery finish leaving the skin glowy and dewy.
- I love the light cucumber fragrance of the spray.
- Sometimes I get dry patches around my nose , MAC Fix + spray takes care of all the dryness on my face.
- It is enriched with glycerin, cucumber, castor oil etc. Goody Good! 🙂
- The bottle would last me good 6-8 months.
What I don’t like about MAC fix + spray?
- Honestly, there isn’t a single thing that I don’t like about MAC Fix + spray. I love it a lot. This caution is just for people with oily skin. This spray does give a shine and dewiness to the face so I am not sure how it would work with oily skin. I suggest that you go to the store, ask the MUA to spray it on your face and let that be on your face for a few hours. That ways you would be able to decide better as to how it works on your skin. A lot of people with oily skin also swear by it but I suggest that you do give it a trial test before purchasing.
- It is very cooling and refreshing so I won’t be purchasing it in winters and this bottle is going to last me atleast till October.
- You have to spray it atleast 10-12 inches away from your face so that the mist is equally sprayed or else you would end up having little water patches on your face.
- You may use rose water as a finishing spray as well but personally I have felt that MAC Fix + spray keeps my skin more moisturized and I don’t have to bother about dryness at all.
You may also make makeup fixer at home – Koren’s method.
Mix 3 parts distilled water + 1 part glycerin
I have tried making it with rose water and it works equally well. The home made fix + stays good for a week if you store it in a refrigerator.
For me it is an excellent product and I would definitely purchase it again next summers. 🙂
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog rating: + 0.5
Have you used MAC Fix + Spray?