Is there such a thing like a “perfect lipstick”? What are the takes of our beauty divas here on IMBB?
I think the first that comes to our mind is MAC lipsticks. In seven formulas and huge array of shades, there will be atleast one shade that will become your ‘gotta have it’ lip color. These are creamy, smooth, pigmented and long lasting. Whatever look you want to achieve-pouty, sexy, classy, demure…..surely you can find the perfect shade in their collection.
I agree that these lipsticks are bit pricey but they are worth the penny.
Today I am reviewing my HG nude lipstick. Its from the MAC Satin finish collection called SPIRIT. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Shade:- MAC Spirit…It’s a Muted pinky-beige brown. (Satin)
Price:- INR 990/-
Ingredients:- castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin…to mention some. (check the attached image for full list).
MAC describes it’s Satin Lipsticks as ‘A lipstick formula which provides high color payoff and a semi-matte finish.’ I think that the Satin MAC lipsticks are the most popular for the simple fact that you get the most color for this line of lipsticks.
It’s a nice matte color with pinkish-brown undertone. A great nude color for everyday wear. Very handy if I want dramatic eyes.
Here is the swatch on my hand.
This was the my first MAC lipstick I had got 2 years back. And this one is the second time I am purchasing the same shade. It suits my NC 42 skintone perfectly without washing the color of my face. It gives a nice pinkish color. I love this most because it evens out my pigmented lips perfectly. One glide of it is enough to even out all the pigmentation.
Here, how it looks on my lips.
Just the lipstick.
With clear gloss on top.
Pros of MAC Spirit Lipstick Review
• Satin finish is matte finish which is liked by many because of its smooth, creamy texture.
• The color is best for fair to medium skin tone to achieve the nude lips look with dramatic eyes.
• It is long-lasting just like all MAC lipsticks.
• Highly pigmented. One glide is enough for the color to show. :worship:
• Gives a subtle healthy pink color rather than a pale nude look.
• The lovely Vanilla smell it has. :eat:
Cons of MAC Spirit Lipstick Review
• Price might be a restriction. But I feel every woman should have atleast one MAC lipstick ‘cause its worth every penny. :-*
• I feel it dries my lips to some extent. So I prefer a natural or transparent lip gloss on top.
Hope you liked it. Do let me know your favourite MAC lipstick shades. :-))