Maybelline The Falsies Mascara Review
I started experimenting with mascara only two-three years back when I started wearing contact lenses. My first one was bought from an Oriflame catalog – Visions mascara I think and I repurchased that one again, mostly because it was cheap (around Rs. 250) even though I didn’t like it much. It didn’t add much volume to my lashes and clumped a lot. So when my mom’s colleague went to London last month, I asked her to pick up more dramatic looking mascara for me. That is how I got the Maybelline Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara.
It comes in a plump tube which is a purple version of the yellow Colossal tube. It cost me £7.99 (Rs. 640 approx) and was purchased in Boots, London.
- “The Falsies Mascara delivers a false lash look; giving you a full set of voluminous, bold, fanned out lashes and the appearance of no gaps from any angle.
- The Pro-Keratin and Fibre enriched formula attaches to lashes you didn’t know you had and creates a false lash look of thicker and longer looking lashes.
- Our patented spoon brush fans out lashes and ensures generous product deposit. Our unique flexible stem helps build voluminous lashes without clumping.”
How to use Maybelline Falsies Mascara:
- As you can see in the picture of the wand, it is slightly curved, kind of like a U-shape on one side. Using that side against the lashes, brush upwards against the upper lashes and downwards against the lower ones. The shape of the wand ensures that your lashes are evenly covered by the mascara.
- Wait for a few seconds before applying a second coat.
- If you’re new to using mascara, hold a piece of white chart paper or tissue behind your lashes so that you don’t end up getting any of the product on your eyelid.
What I love about it:
- The adorable packaging – it’s so adorably purple! I take it out of my make up pouch sometimes just to look at it!
- The wand (or ‘spoon’ brush) makes it so much easier to apply the mascara to my lower lashes and corner lashes. I hardly ever poke myself in the eye with the wand anymore.
- This makes my eyelashes look gorgeously big without looking over the top. In fact, I tried it on my friend who is Assamese and her tiny, little eyes also opened up beautifully after using this mascara!
- The consistency isn’t too thick or too watery – just about perfect for my eyelashes.
- It doesn’t make my eyelashes so hard and mascara-y and sort of crispy like the mascara I used to use! Do you know this feeling? Or am I the only one who is silly enough to notice this?!
What isn’t that great about it:
- It clumps a bit. It wasn’t enough to make me hate the mascara but still, Maybelline did promise me that it wouldn’t so I was a bit disappointed.
- It isn’t as dramatic as actual false lashes, at least compared to what I have seen in pictures on other beauty blogs. I’m putting this in as a con because Maybelline claims a false lashes effect but personally, I’m happy with the results that this product delivers – not too overdramatic!
- It is not waterproof!!! I’m a big crybaby so waterproof kajal and mascara are a must for me. I discovered that this is not waterproof when I had a big fight with my fiancé, so on top of being in a bad mood; I had rivulets of mascara running down my cheeks. UGH!
- It isn’t available in India.
My overall rating - :-* :-* :-*
My eyes are already big and (according to me) my best feature, but the Falsies mascara makes them look a lot bigger and much more beautiful and I get a lot of compliments whenever I’m wearing this. But it does have a lot of negatives as well, so I wouldn’t repurchase this even if it were available in India.
I’m on the lookout for a voluminous mascara that IS waterproof. Any suggestions?
According to one of the SAs here, this product would be available in India within a few months. :)- Rati