REVLON PHOTOREADY COMPACT MAKEUP – REVIEW, PHOTOS, SWATCHES
Available in 4 shades : 100 Vanilla, 150 Shell, 200 Natural Beige, 400 Caramel
Quantity : 10g
Price : Rs. 900
Shade being reviewed : 150 Shell
From Revlon :
-Perfected, poreless airbrushed skin in any light
-Liquefying screen turns cream to liquid, then dries to a soft powder finish
-Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to help erase every flaw
-Oil free, fragrance free.
-Complete, yet virtually undetectable coverage.
-Soft luminous finish.
“Gently press on screen with sponge. Blend with sponge across face, starting in center of face blending outward. For the most natural look blend past jaw line.”
Today I’m reviewing this Compact Makeup from Revlon which I’ve been using for the past 4 months. Well, I had been eyeing this range from Revlon on their website for ages, even before it had been launched here in India. To begin with, ALL the points they have described above seemed to really appeal to me in my never-ending quest for my HG foundation. When I read words like ‘poreless’, ‘airbrushed’, ‘soft powder finish’, ‘photochromatic pigments’, ‘oil free’, ‘fragrance free’, ‘SPF 20’, and so on, it all seemed to add up to exactly what I was looking for!
So did this Compact Makeup live up to all its claims, or did it disappoint me? Please read on….
Let’s see some photos of this first :
This Compact Makeup comes in a black, rectangular plastic casing with a see-through area in which the makeup and the liquefying screen covering it, can be seen. On opening the cover, there is a rectangular mirror piece on the inner lid. This makeup comes with its own sponge applicator.
One has to dab the sponge on the liquefying screen to pick up sufficient amount of the makeup. I found that 3 to 3 and a half dabs are quite sufficient for complete face coverage. It should be blended well with the sponge. Since I like medium to full coverage, I found that this does the job very well indeed and yet kept my skin quite natural-looking and flawless at the same time, evening out any discolourations on my face, yet not sinking into my open pores or accentuating them. I did not find any shine on my face after application, and I followed up by a light application of pressed powder to seal the foundation.
Let’s see some swatches :
After blending :
I guess you have seen that it does lend a very subtle glow to the skin, but nothing OTT or shiny at all. Even though I have oily skin, this compact makeup suits me very well and YES, it does also photograph excellently. However, I would rather recommend this for evening use, and for formal occasions where one is likely to be photographed a lot.
PROS OF REVLON PHOTO READY COMPACT MAKEUP
• It really does live up to each and every quality described about it by Revlon, like, poreless, airbrushed, oil and fragrance-free, powder finish, undetectable coverage, and more.
• It contains SPF 20.
• Gives a subtle, luminous finish without looking shiny or OTT.
• Did not accentuate my open pores – rather, filled them in and covered them very well.
• Is a one-of-its kind range amongst drugstore brands here in India.
• Photographs very well.
• Did not break me out at all.
CONS OF REVLON PHOTO READY COMPACT MAKEUP
• Since I do have very oily skin, after about 2 to 3 hours, my skin felt and looked a bit extra oily and shiny, but nothing that could not be fixed with a quick touch-up of pressed powder, or an oil-blotter. I also use MAC Blot Powder over this at times. However, this is my personal opinion only, as normal or dry skinned folks would not have this problem, and I don’t think even combination skinned ladies would have to worry about this.
Here is a photo of me wearing this compact makeup (shown earlier on IMBB as ‘Easter Makeup Look’).
My rating for this : 4.75 / 5
Verdict : A really good, medium to full coverage compact makeup that does its job very well and lives up to all its claims.
Would I re-purchase this : Yes, of course.
Also Read :
Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 Foundation Review
Revlon Photo Ready Powder, Concealer, Foundation, Compact Makeup
Revlon PhotoReady Stick Concealer
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
Revlon New Complexion Foundation
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation