Revlon Color Stay Mineral Foundation Review
This is my very first mineral foundation.. After reading Mrun’s and Son’s article on Mineral foundation, I was very much excited to use mineral foundation… and after lots of googling I thought to try Revlon’s Color Stay Mineral Foundation..
What is FPS??? Googling didn’t help me much.. 🙁
About Mineral Powder Foundation:
Mineral based makeup has become a gigantic trend now days. The benefits of using mineral foundation powders are: it is totally pure, does not contain ingredients that can be harmful to your skin’s health, ideal for sensitive, acne-prone or damaged skin. The beauty of mineral foundation powder is that it can be used on all skin tones and skin types.
Revlon’s word for Mineral Foundation:
Loose powder foundation that combines pure, lightweight minerals that are good for your skin and ColorStay™ longwear technology that lasts for up to 16 hours. This medium coverage foundation won’t fade all day making your skin look both healthy and flawless, no matter how long your day is.
Makeup is oil-free, fragrance free and non-irritating. Now talc free and paraben free.
Provides medium coverage in 8 beautiful shades, with SPF 10 protection.
- Apply to cleansed skin after your daily moisturizer.
- Twist cap to release full size brush.
- Swirl brush into powder and tap off excess.
- Blend powder evenly all over face in circular motions.
Price: I paid 1050 INR for this mineral foundation 🙁 its quite expensive ya..
Available Shades: I have Light Medium / Medium (5th shade)
- Light Medium
- Light Medium / Medium
- Medium Deep
So here are the photos of the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation:
The brush is tucked into the lid, and rotates out with a twist of the top, and the makeup is stored down in the bottom half which is protected by the plastic cover on it..so when you want to use it just remove the cap and after using it again close it by the plastic cap and close the entire jar with the black cap…
The size of the bottle and the brush..
The bottle cap with the foundation brush..
Turn the black cap and the brush will come out..
After… not much coverage..
WOW Factors of Revlon Color Stay Mineral Foundation
- The color is very natural and blends seamlessly with the skin.
- The texture of the foundation is very smooth and the foundation glides smoothly across the skin.
- The finishing is not too matte or not too shiny.
- It Contains SPF 10.
- Easy to remove, just one swipe of makeup remover with the cotton pad and it gets wipe off..
- The foundation works well as a powder to set the liquid or crème foundation.
- Very first day I used directly on my face and got disappointment, so next day I tried it on my Lakme’s foundation and worked very well.
- The application is very much easy and I am very much comfortable with the application. Put the brush inside the jar, tilt it little and just tap it a bit and the good amount of powder come on to the brush.
- I have oily skin so it looks greasy after couple of hours but I think it will work wonder for the people who have dry skin.
- Talc free.
- Till now I have used it many times but it didn’t break me out..
What I don’t like about the Revlon Color Stay Mineral Foundation
- As said by Revlon “Colorstay” and “up to 16 hours of wear”, I was expecting that it will last up to at least till end of the day but unfortunately it doesn’t. The effect of the foundation merely lasted for 3-4 hours and I had to reapply the foundation in afternoon.
- Coverage is light to medium. So it doesn’t cover the skin blemishes and acne. So if you have lots of skin blemishes and imperfections then I would suggest using it after applying the foundation or concealer.
- Limited Shade Range. As usual only 3 shades are available in Indian Market 🙁
- Packaging is a little bulky and it’s very difficult to carry such a fatty bottle in your bag..
- The foundation brush is also very scratchy and it really irritates the skin when you move it on your face.
- It will start looking like cakey and chalky if you will apply more and more to cover the blemishes or acne.
- Since I have oily skin, my face starts looking shiny and greasy again after a couple of hours.
- It is bit pricey.. it was ok to pay so much if it really works as foundation but it works better as loose or translucent powder.. so paying 1050 for loose powder !!!!!! :-/
Makeup Experiment Result: Yesterday I tried this mineral foundation after applying max factor’s foundation… and guess what it works awesome.. Amazing.. :-))
So to conclude, it works wonder if you apply it after applying crème or liquid foundation. But I will not recommend it if you want to apply it directly as it will not give you the desired coverage and look. It was love-hate experience with my very first mineral foundation.
Mrun and Sonal: what do you think which is better???
Which is your favourite mineral foundation?