I am back with another DIY tutorial for you and this time it is an hair oil which is loaded with goodness of Amla & Reetha. Read on to know the super easy process.
You will need:
1. 100 ml coconut oil (I used Parachute Coconut Oil)
2. Handful of dried Amla
3. Handful of dried Reetha (You can get dried from a local Kriyana store & it is very cheap too).
Before we move on to the process, I would like to highlight the goodness of Amla & Reetha. Amla is an century old remedy to prevent hair fall & hair loss. It also conditions hair from the effects of dry scalp, use of hot tools, keeps dandruff away etc. Massage with amla oil clears away flakes on your head, softens your scalp, opens pores and encourages production of your scalp’s natural oils. This might improve or stimulate hair growth, and it helps keep your hair healthy and strong. Stress is a factor in hair loss for many people, and a scalp massage with warm oil helps reduce stress.
Reetha is used as the main ingredient in soaps and shampoos for washing hair, as it is considered good for the health of hair. Reetha is also used for removing lice from the scalp.
How to DIY Amla & Reetha Hair Oil:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat coconut oil for 1-2 minutes. It should be hot. If you don’t have microwave, you can do this process on double boiler as well.
2. Add dried amla & reetha into the hot oil and mix it well.
3. Cover it with a plate and leave it for about 24 hours. I recommend heating the bowl again every few hours in microwave. This way you will ensure all the goodness of amla & reetha is absorbed by the oil.
4. After 24 hours, strain the oil and transfer it into a clean bottle
5. Use as required.
I prefer oiling my hair in the night time and washing it the next day.
Hope you will find this DIY helpful.
DIY Homemade Natural Shampoo for Hair
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
Homemade Hair Packs for Dry Damaged Hair
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends
Homemade Coffee and Honey Hair Serum
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Onion Hair Treatment For Problematic Scalp and Hair
5 Awesome DIY Hair Care Tips
Homemade Conditioning Hair Mask: Do It Yourself