Avon Supershock Mascara
HI All, here I am going to talk about a truly great product from AVON, the AVON supershock mascara. Well, first of all I must thank IMBB-it really infused in me the habit of reading reviews of products before buying them-and now I track down reviews of anything-from cell phones to skin care products and makeup to movies before I give them a shot 🙂
Mascara was something didn’t like, honestly, before I bought the AVON Supershock mascara. I was even literally scared that if the lash-full of black paint melts down my face it’s going to make a nightmare of my look. So this part of eye makeup was pretty unexplored by me (in spite of reading about waterproof mascaras because I saw they clump like hell and are very difficult to remove). I read about the recent favorites and budget mascaras– Maybelline Define a Lash and Colossal volume mascara here in IMBB before I came across the AVON online catalog . Surfing through the AVON catalog, however I spotted the AVON Super Shock mascara- and looked up for its review on the internet. There I found quite impressive ones- with users raving about this product and giving it full-on thumbs up! I found the price to be quite affordable too- and that was when I decided place an order for it.
Product Name: AVON Super Shock Mascara
Price: Rs 385 for 10g (watch out for discounts-for I got it for around Rs 300)
What it claims: High Impact Volume in just one sweep. Thickening base coat and plumping color in one formula. Claims to give 12X boost to lashes
My experience with this Product:
Fabulous! This is just the word I would like to use for this piece of cake! This is an awesome mascara. This is so appealing to me as not only I am a first timer at trying this but also my eye area sweats a lot and I am constantly in dread of eye makeup melting in summer. I have medium thick lashes and I never knew they can stand up to attention before using this product!!! I just love and love and love this mascara now and hardly feel like using two of the other mascaras (Maybelline Define a Lash and Colossal Volume) after discovering this.
1) Texture: The mascara is a smooth paste-neither clumpy-nor fluid. It is not jet black-somewhat sheer black in color. This however does not show up on lashes-as it looks perfectly black on drying up on the lashes.
2) The next important thing is the wand. So far I had used two types-the usual ones with twisted bristles and once I used the Maybelline Last stylist mascara which had comb bristles. I thought the comb wand suited me the most. However, the AVON super shock mascara has a different kind of wand –it is longer and thicker than usual and the bristles are quite different. The long and strong handle gives me a proper hold but the claim of superiority is mainly due to the bristles as it is most vital in giving uniform strokes to make the lashes look long and separate.
3) Waterproof: Well I have not bathed with this one on-but sultry Kolkata heat can melt makeup like butter on a frying pan 🙂 . I can say-you just use this product-and forget about it. No melting/leaking.
4) Absolutely non clumping. In spite of being super waterproof, this mascara does not give pyramid lashes-It perhaps has a light weight formula that also does not make lashes feel heavy or droopy.
5)It really adds volume and length to lashes-volumnising mascaras are like broadband connections at our place-it shows 100Mbps-but hardly ever crosses 2/3 Mbps. Similarly-I don’t think till now any mascara can give a 12X length or volume (no one even wants that!!it will make lashes look like curtains 🙂 ) But this mascara gives a decent coverage to lashes making them appear full, thick and “reasonably” long. I am happy!!!
6) The best part comes at the end: this mascara comes off with just 1 swab of cotton with any ordinary cleanser-no panda eyes-no residues-no pulling at lashes or inventing new theories for it’s removal (I really needed one for removing the colossal volume mascara-it simply refuses to go!!) . The mascara is a no-nonsense thing and can be anyone’s favorite!
7) It takes a little time to dry-however you can add 2-3 coats within that time and let it dry..using more of it doesn’t clump-only adds to the effect. The lashes never remain stiff after using this mascara-and I know it’s a sin-but I use the eyelash curler after this mascara has dried to get real curly-n-long lashes..never had any trouble or lash-fall so far!!
Pros: All that you read so far
Cons: My other mascaras are drying up because of my favoritism for this!!!
Will I repurchase? Surely-can even gift to friends!!!
That’s how my eyes look with this mascara. It’s an absolutely feather light yet waterproof mascara-you can count the lashes actually!