Use the concealer judiciously, only on imperfection. Apply it to dark circles only, tapping finger lightly and spread towards bottom without leaving deposit under eyelid. Then apply to T zone, sides of nose, chin and around the mouth to even out your complexion. – Stafford Braganza, Head Make-up artist, Lancome
Dos in Concealer Application
- Be light with the concealer. As we age, the skin under our eyes gets thinner, so too much will result in a creased effect. It can make your skin look dull
- Pick a cream-based concealer as it blends well with the skin.
- Always choose a shade lighter to your foundation.
- If you have extremely dark under eye circles start with a pink or peach toned and for average darkness go with yellow tone.
Don’ts in Concealer Application
- Don’t put concealer everywhere.
- Never use it on eyelids or at the base of eyelashes this would result into flat, heavy look.
- Avoid using a concealer in powder form.