Isn’t it amazing how all supermodels have such beautiful skin. Supermodels look flawless on the ramp and off it too. We might think it’s all makeup, but that’s not true. These supermodels diligently take care of their skin and body. It’s not easy for them – they exercise hard, eat balanced diet, and follow strict skin habits. They put in the time and effort because they have to look good always. It’s but natural that we all would want to know the secret behind their radiant complexions, but most of them come up with cliched answers such as – “get enough sleep,” “drink lots of water,” or the super cliched “be happy from within.” We all know, it’s not always possible to be happy from within.” Let’s get more realistic! Here’s a post where the top International supermodels spill their beauty secrets and you would get more than just routine tips. Here you go:
1. Irina Shayk: Irina is a Russian supermodel and also Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend. She has been on the cover of various magazines including Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Sports Illustrated, etc. Coming to her beauty secrets, she reveals that she takes off her makeup with coconut oil and then follows it up with a face wash. She says that she cannot use the same cream for more than 10 days at a stretch because her skin gets used to it. She advises to get three creams and use them in rotation or let the skin go bare once or twice a week. She also makes ice cubes out of chamomile and green tea and uses them to massage her skin.
2. Kate Moss: Now, who doesn’t know Kate Moss. She is an English model known for her size zero figure. She has been associated with brands such as Gucci, Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana. Her best beauty secret is that she fills in a sink with ice and cucumber and dips in her face in the sink. She claims that it instantly tightens the skin and makes her look and feel instantly better.
3. Beverly Johnson: She is an American model and actress. She has appeared on the cover of Vogue magazine many times. She advocates taking cod liver oil tablets to nourish her skin and nails. She takes care of her hair with biotin, egg yolks and milk.
4. Petra Nemcova: Petra is a Czech model who has modeled for Cartier, Clarins, Max Factor, Schwarzkopf, Victoria’s Secret, Benetton, etc. She does not stick to a single facial cream, she keeps on changing them. She says that it’s because you get different benefits from each cream. For her hair, she makes a hair mask out of egg yolk and olive oil. This hair mask nourishes hair with proteins and oil.
5. Gisele Bundchen: Gisele is a Brazilian supermodel and has been the highest paid supermodel since 2004. She has worked for Dolce and Gabbana, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Dior, Valentino, etc. She advises that one should always powder the T-zone and the lines going from the nose down around the mouth because when these areas get shiny, they look bad. She also says that using a lip gloss will keep your lips from appearing dehydrated. Interestingly, she doesn’t comb her hair much….hmmm!
6. Adriana Lima: Adriana is a Brazilian model and a Victoria’s Secret angel. She has appeared on the cover of Vogue and Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, etc. She suggests drinking lots of water and exercising regularly. She says that this combo works for her and makes her skin look healthy. She also loves oils as they help hydrate her skin. Also, she says that if you want to grow your hair faster, you can take flaxseed oil or a flaxseed pill. She says that flaxseed oil makes hair shiny and grow super fast. Adriana Lima also uses fresh coconut water on her skin and drinks a lot of it in order to stay hydrated.
7. Alessandra Ambrosio: Ambrosio is a Brazilian supermodel who also is associated with Victoria’s Secret. She says that whatever she puts on her face, she will put that thing on her decolletage too to look young. Every time that she showers, she uses moisturizer or oil on her body too.
8. Liu Wen: Wen is a Chinese supermodel known for her association with Victoria’s Secret. She is also one of the highest-paid models and has appeared on the cover of Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar. Wen says that she tries to get at least 7 hours of sleep each day and according to her the biggest skin sin is to sleep with makeup on. She also drinks a lot of water and orange juice.
9. Naomi Campbell: This post would be incomplete without mentioning Naomi. She is a British model and has been touted as the biggest supermodel ever. She has worked with every top notch designer and has been associated with high end brands. She says that the first thing she has in the morning is hot water with lemon and probiotics. In the shower, she uses only baby soap. She drinks one whole glass of green juice. She moisturizes her skin constantly. She also drinks a cocktail of Maple syrup, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and water and eating nothing else, interesting! She also says that the best way to lose fat from your face is by doing skipping.
10. Heidi Klum: We all know this German supermodel through her hit reality show “The Runaway Project” and her famous line, “as you know in fashion, one day you’re in and the next day, you’re out.” She says that she is very low maintenance and doesn’t do much, but her toned body and radiant skin tell otherwise. She regularly applies mud mask on her skin. This mud mask tightens pores and improves skin texture. She also advises to apply a lot of sun lotion before going out into the skin.
11. Cindy Crawford: Crawford is an evergreen American supermodel and has been associated with brands such as Revlon, Versace, Maybelline, etc. She has also appeared on the cover of a number of magazines including Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, Vogue, and People. Her skin secret is spraying milk over her skin to keep it moist and hydrated. As we all know, milk is rich in minerals, protein and calcium, all of which are essential skin health nutrients.
12. Miranda Kerr: Kerr is an Australian supermodel and Victoria’s Secret angel. She says that it’s important to cleanse, tone, and moisturize. She uses the rose hip oil from Kora Organics to make her skin glow in winters.
13. Carolyn Murphy: Carolyn is an American model who has appeared on the cover of Vogue and Elle magazines to name a few. She takes antioxidant resveratrol capsules and alpha lipoic acid and omegas. She is a big fan of vitamin supplements.
14. Joan Smalls: Smalls is a Puerto Rican model and the face of Estee Lauder cosmetics. She moisturizes her skin a lot. She always cleanser her face with a face wash containing salicylic acid. She also uses lip balm religiously to moisturize her lips before applying lipstick. For brittle hair, she says, you can make a hair mask out of avocado, olive oil, and eggs.
15. Constance Jablonski: This French model is the face of Estee Lauder. Her father was a dermatologist and he taught her to go out with ample sun protection – SPF 50 for the face and SPF 15 for the body. She says she would never go out without a sunscreen.
16. Hilary Rhoda: Hilary is an American Supermodel associated with Estee Lauder and has appeared regularly for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues. She says that makeup artists used to give her a good face massage for early morning shows to improve blood circulation and bring on glow to the skin. She says that she does that to herself now. Giving a good massage to the face after waking up depuffs and makes your skin radiant.
17. Elle Macpherson: Elle is an Australian supermodel and actress. She says that she drinks 3 liters of water a day and uses an egg white to tighten her pores. She also keeps changing her facial moisturizers often.
18. Lara Stone: Lara Stone is a Dutch model and one of the highest-earning models. She keeps her skin hydrated by constantly applying moisturizer and using at least SPF 15 protection.
So, these were the beauty secrets of supermodels who strut down the runaway with flawless skin – makeup or no makeup.
Victoria’s Secret – Beauty Rush Passion Fruit Pop
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm – Petal Soft
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Mascara Ja-Va-Voom!
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Candy Baby Double Mist
Victoria’s Secret Super Model Eau De Parfum
Leighton Denny Supermodel Nail Varnish
Victoria’s Secret Sheer Water Lily Fragrance Mist