In this post, I will be sharing an awesome hair oil recipe which I have perfected over the months, after a lot of trial and error. I have shared this recipe with my family members and friends and so far it has shown great results. I would not write much and dive straight into the ingredients list, which can be tweaked a little as per personal preference.
- Coconut oil.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Castor oil.
- Vitamin E oil.
- Avocado oil.
- Jojoba oil.
- Almond oil (optional since we have so many sources of vitamin E).
- Rosemary oil or leaves (I added both).
- Fenugreek seeds.
- Curry leaves.
- Black sesame seeds or oil.
Step 1: Add all the dry ingredients except rosemary leaves to a heavy bottom vessel.
Step 2: Add all oils except Vitamin E capsule and Jojoba oil. There is no particular measurement of each oil, but I added them in equal quantities.
Step 3: Heat these ingredients on medium heat.
Step 4: Heat till foam starts to form on the top layer and then turn off the heat.
Step 5: Let the oil cool down.
Step 6: Pour the oil into an empty bottle, then cut open a few vitamin E capsules and add it to the bottle.
Step 7: Add Jojoba oil and Rosemary leaves and store it in a cool dry place.
How To Use this oil?
- Heat up a small quantity of oil – hot enough to feel soothing on the scalp.
- Gently massage into the scalp with finger tips for 5-10 minutes.
- Rub some oil on palm and apply on hair especially the ends.
- Massage some more and gently punch the scalp with fist.
- Dip a towel in hot water and wrap around head for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Leave the oil for few hours or overnight – I prefer overnight.
- Wash with mild shampoo followed by conditioner.
- Repeat the process at least twice a week.
- All of us know the benefits of ingredients such as coconut oil and olive oil, but the other ingredients stimulate hair growth, prevent premature greying, and also make the hair healthy and shiny.
- Curry leaves and black sesame seeds make hair darker and prevent premature graying. If one is lucky and diligent, then this oil can make your grey hair black.
- Castor oil – it makes hair smooth and shiny.
- Jojoba oil – it is very beneficial for hair and skin and is an amazing source of Vitamin E.
- Fenugreek – prevents hair loss and dandruff.
- Most of the other ingredients are a good source of Vitamin E and can stimulate hair growth.
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
Best Homemade Treatments For Hair Loss in Women
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth
DIY Homemade Natural Shampoo for Hair
Honey and Olive Oil Homemade Hair Mask
8 Bollywood Actresses with Gorgeous Hair
Image Source: 1