When I was 14 years old, I suffered from alopecia. As I had a very small bald spot, I recovered from it in around 5-6 months and now, thanks to my mommy darling, I have waist length hair *doing happy dance* LOL, I flaunt it all the time 😉 😛 I am writing in detail about alopecia, its symptoms, treatment and my own experience.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Last year, in November, my best friend suffered from terrible hair loss and even got a small bald patch. Fearing it could be alopecia, I asked her to consult a dermatologist immediately, but she went on a full panic attack slash denial mode and refused to see any doctor. Instead, she bugged me for some remedies and routines that I was following. I am no doctor, so I didn’t gave her any medicine’s name, just told her about three ingredients that have really helped me in not just fighting against alopecia, but also the occasional hair fall and thinning of hair as well. She immediately took my advice and saw the difference in just 3-4 months and now the bald spot is not visible; new hair has grown and even the crazy hair fall has stopped. The three magical things are – onion, garlic, and ginger – the holy trinity.” I am not going to talk about some curry here 😛
How Does Garlic, Onion, and Ginger Help in Treating and Preventing Hair Problems:
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Humans have been infusing onion, garlic and ginger in their hair treatments and remedies for centuries now. These ingredients have stimulating properties which facilitate healthy hair growth and thereby treating bald spots, hair fall, thinning of hair and alopecia too. What they do is they increase blood circulation in the scalp. When blood flows to the scalp, it stimulates and rejuvenates the hair follicles thus nourishing and encouraging hair growth.
Onion, garlic and ginger are all root veggies; therefore, they are loaded with loads of nutrients and fatty acids which boosts hair growth, nurtures and strengthens them from the root to the tip and give them a body. So, lather juices of these wonder foods if you have thin hair, alopecia problems or simply want to grow-out a bad haircut 😛
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
These three also have anti-bacterial properties, so they help in removing any toxin or fungal build up on hair roots thus promoting healthy hair.
Sulfur- “the beauty mineral” is found lavishly in the roots of these. Sulfur is the third most abundant mineral found in our body and is present in every cell with high concentration in hair, skin and nail. Keratin, the key structural component of hair, skin and nails is loaded with sulfur containing amino acid cysteine which constitutes 14% of the hair; the smell you get when hair burns is because of this. The goodness of sulfur and keratin deserves a whole new post 😛 To summarize things, sulfur is really beneficial for your hair as it supplies right nutrients for hair growth.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Onion, garlic and ginger also have anti-inflammatory properties that help to decrease inflammation, redness and swelling. These also cure dry and itchy scalp.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
How To Use:
- The most simple way is to just apply the juice of raw onion, garlic or ginger on your whole scalp or rub a little on the bald spot, leave it for minimum 20 minutes and then wash it off with a shampoo. Make sure you use one of these juices and not mix all three of them.
- Garlic can be a little too strong to be applied directly on the scalp. So, take a few garlic cloves and crush them a bit, just slightly, and then heat the garlic cloves with your regular hair oil and apply this garlic-infused oil on your whole hair – from roots to tips. One additional tip here, when heating the garlic with the oil, you could add a handful of curry leaves to it to make the oil more nutritious.
- You can do the same with ginger too.
- One can also leave the juice on the hair for overnight and shampoo it off in the morning, but I would suggest applying the juice on the roots of your hair and leaving it for an hour maximum and then applying your hair oil and then leave it for the night.
- I also add any one of the juice to my hair masks. I like to mix a bit of onion or ginger juice to my egg and banana weekend mask.
- Ginger is also very useful for dandruff problems. So, mix 1 part of crushed ginger juice with 2 parts of your hair oil, no need of any heating, simply massage this mixture on your scalp with circular motion. Leave it for 30 minutes and then shampoo it off.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
- These three can be very strong on your scalp and cause irritation. A little bit of tingly sensation and warmth is okay, but if irritation is beyond your comfort zone, then please immediately wash it off.
- Always opt for raw roots. Natural sulfur is better for hair than any supplements.
- I would recommend not mixing the juices of these roots together. Use just one, any one of the three at one time. Like you can go for onion or ginger during weekdays and opt for garlic during the weekends.
- If you are allergic to onion, garlic or ginger, then please don’t try these remedies. Consult a doctor before starting the treatments.
- These three can lighten your hair color so when leaving it for longer time or overnight, I would recommend mixing the juice with hair oil or applying some oil before going to bed.
- The smell can be a little too strong, especially that of garlic. For that, you can follow the remedies as they are and after shampooing off the juice you can use vinegar or lemon juice mixed with water as the final wash.
- Do not rub the crushed roots forcefully or too hard on your scalp, as it will do more harm than good.
- It takes 3-4 months for the results to show, so be patient.
Out of these three wonder roots, garlic is more potent, but has a strong smell therefore many prefer onions and then ginger for hair remedies. All three of them are equally good and are loaded with good nutrients that are very beneficial for hair growth, treating hair loss, thinning of hair and thereby help cure alopecia, but these are all home remedies, hence if you are having crazy hair fall or you see a bald spot on your hair, no matter how small it is, please consult a doctor as soon as possible, don’t live in denial. Alopecia is curable, I have overcome it, fight it!
8 Best Home Remedies for Dry and Sensitive Skin
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
Best Home Treatment For Ingrown Hair
Homemade Cinnamon Treatment For Pimples
Dove Intense Repair Treatment Mask
Forest Essentials Night Treatment Cream
Onion Hair Treatment For Problematic Scalp and Hair
How to Stop Hair Loss
Home Remedies For Hair Loss
Jovees Henna & Ginseng Anti Hair Loss Shampoo
Trichup Hair Fall Control Oil
Burberry Sport for Women
Ralph Lauren Romance for Women
Easy Grooming Tips For Women
Burberry Classic For Women Eau De Parfum
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips