What is your most ridiculous beauty buy ever?…Well for me, it has to be this body brush which exactly resembles a wooden toilet cleaning brush 😛 I mean look at it… aah I see your wicked sly smiles 🙁
Take your lather farther by pairing this handy brusher with your favorite shower gel or soap. Leaves skin massaged, smooth, and soft.
When I got it, I was apprehensive my maid will mistake it for toilet cleaning brush and use it and then unaware I might use it…ewww.So I told her repeatedly that it’s a body brush and even she gave me a raised eye-brow “poor you” look 😛
So anyway, the reason I got it was I had just seen some ancient roman period drama movie and the queen in it uses a similar wooden brush. So using that association (picturing an imperial bath tub filled with milk and rose petals) I immediately billed it off as soon as I set my eyes on it. Then of course the realization slowly seeped in when people noticed the wooden brush jutting out of the paper bag and all I could do was smile sheepishly. At the end of the day I was so embarrassed of the purchase that I literally smuggled it into my apartment lest my roommates noticed it 😛
Now after using it for 4 months I do not hate it so much. The SA had told me that though the bristles are rough as of now, they will become softer when they come in contact with water. Now that was completely wrong information. Nothing of that sort happened. They are still rough and harsh and hence this brush is not suitable to be used everyday. But in spite of that, when used twice or thrice a week, it does make the skin smooth and nice. It’s a very easy way to exfoliate provided you do not go overboard otherwise you might end up with red chaffed skin.
PROS of The Body Shop Cactus Body Brush:
1. Easy way to exfoliate. Just pour your favorite body wash on it and scrub away for smoother skin.
2. I have noticed a slight improvement with my ingrown hair on my legs and thighs. I think over a prolonged use, it might help in getting rid of them or at least reduce them.
3. Can also be used in conjunction with a scrub for more exfoliation but trust me the brush by itself is enough 😛
4. The sturdy long handle is quite handy for scrubbing entire back.
CONS of The Body Shop Cactus Body Brush:
1. The bristles are bit on the rougher side so you should take care and not scrub over zealously 😛
2. The brush did not come packaged and I had some concerns over the germs it might have picked up while just lying out in the open.
3. The cost is on a higher side.
Final word: 4/5 ( not an instantly likable product, but over usage I have started liking it 🙂