Skin lightening/brightening/whitening are sensitive and controversial issues. Skin “whitening” is not a fad in India which would come and go, it is here to stay. India and other South Asian countries have this obsession with fair skin and I don’t feel there’s something hugely wrong about it unless people resort to extreme and potentially harmful methods like bleaching. As long as it’s safe, it’s okay and a matter of personal choice. That does not mean I support “Fair and Lovely,” puhleeze! For me, skin lightening/brightening means to even out my skin tone and I would continue using brightening products – anti-whitening brigade, please excuse me. Coming to Bollywood, the other day, I was watching the talk show “Look Who’s Talking” with Niranjan and the guest was Kajol and I was like “wow!” Kajol has completely transformed herself into a hot diva – I also noted that her skin looks much more lighter than it was before. That set me thinking whether she had undergone some kind of lightening treatment, did a bit of research and found out that she is not alone, there are some other Bollywood actresses who also seem to have undergone some sort of treatment to lighten their skin tones. Also, Neha Sharma suggested that I do a post on this topic (thanks Neha). Here’s the list, do let me know if you agree with me 🙂
1. Kajol: If you haven’t seen that particular show that I was talking about, you should probably stream it up on youtube just to ogle at Kajol. Her hairstyle, makeup, outfit, everything was perfect! From Baazigar to that talk show, her skin seems to have lightened several tones 😛
2. Shilpa Shetty: Shilpa Shetty has had tremendous transformation – from a gawky girl to a glamorous lady, hats off to her! I bought that yoga dvd just because of her awesome frame 😛 I hope she releases a dvd about her skin care too, I want to know more 😛
3. Rekha: Rekha is an actress who still gives the younger actresses jitters with her looks and makeup (pun intended!) She is an actress who has maintained and groomed herself extremely well. Don’t actually know whether it’s grooming or any lightening treatment that worked for her!
4. Priyanka Chopra: Like Rekha, Priyanka Chopra too is an actress who takes extreme care to look good and glamorous. She has gone under the knife to get some of her features modified and skin lightening also seems to be a possibility in her case.
5. Deepika Padukone: Not sure about Deepika, you tell, it’s hard to tell whether it’s just light makeup or something else.
6. Bipasha Basu: This dusky beauty is known for her amazing body, but she too seems to have lightened up her skin to some degree, agree?
7. Chitrangada Singh: Another dusky actress bitten by the whitening bug or just light base and makeup?
Bollywood Actresses With Not So Great Lip Jobs
Bollywood Actresses – Then and Now
Bollywood Actresses in Anarkali
Bollywood Actresses in Tarun Tahiliani Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Shehla Khan Outfits
VLCC Anti Tan Skin lightening Face Wash
Aroma Magic Skin Lightening Concentrate Solution
All about Skin Lightening
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
Lakme Perfect Radiance Skin Lightening Foundation
Lakme After Sun Skin Lightening Gel