We all have heard about the whopping remuneration that Bollywood celebs charge for their films. The more popular the celeb, the more is the amount that they charge per movie. But there have been a few celebs who did not charge a single penny for their roles in movies they acted. Scroll down and read about them below.
1. Deepika Padukone: We all loved Deepika in “Om Shanti Om” and she had all of us mesmerized because she made a fantastic debut. She did not charge anything for this movie because it was her debut movie and she was just awww-ed working opposite Shahrukh Khan.
2. Katrina Kaif: Many have doubted the acting skills of Katrina Kaif, but she couldn’t have looked any more hotter than in the item song “Chikni Chameli” that became so much popular in the movie “Agneepath”. She did this item song for free since Karan Johar is her dear friend and she did not charge a penny.
3. Farhan Akhtar and Sonam Kapoor: Since “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” was a biopic based on the great sportsman Milkha Singh, both Sonam Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar expressed their generosity and did the movie for just Rs 11 each. Both of these celebs did not ask for pay-cheques as they had ample of respect for Mr Milkha and his achievements.
4. Rani Mukherjee: Being a total bestie of Karan Johar again, she also did not charge anything for the small role that she played in :Kabhie khushi kabhi Gham.” She did it for free and we all loved her little cheerful role in the movie.
5. Shahrukh Khan: SRK is the king Khan and we all know how huge his struggle was also because he came to Mumbai with just Rs 50 and spent his nights sleeping on a bench. And he was pretty generous too to play that little role in “Bhootnath Returns” which was a small extension of his role after Bhootnath.
6. Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor: Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor both have been great friends with Shahrukh Khan and hence because of their such great bonds, both of these actresses refused to take a pay-cheque for the items songs that they did in SRK’s movie “Billu Barber”.
7. Shahid Kapoor: Shahid wanted his movie “Haider” to do great on the box office and cross certain levels, and hence he did not charge a single rupee. It was a very long film and Shahid Kapoor gave in all efforts for free.
8. Amitabh Bachchan: The Big B was so impressed by the script of “Black” that he did not even charge a penny for it. He was very eager to work in the movie since the story was grasping and very different from others.
9. Sonakshi Sinha: Sonakshi Sinha has been great friends with Akshay Kumar and has done some really good movies with him as well. As a sweet gesture, she did not charge anything to do a song with him in his movie “Boss.”
10. Nawazuddin Siddiqui: He is surely one of the finest actors that Bollywood has and he is known for his selective acting skills. He was very impressed by the script of “Manto” and to play that role, he just charged Rs 1 for the entire movie.
Do share your views on this too.
Beauty Tips from Bollywood Makeup Artists
10 Bollywood Celebrities Who Look Beautiful Without Makeup
Bollywood Stars and Their Favourite Lipsticks
Makeup Products That Would Make You Look Like A Bollywood Star