WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today was a heavenly day in my city. We had the first good rains of the season and the temperature has finally dropped down quite a few degrees. We have the Himalayan ranges nearby, so we went on a really long drive to the hills, had hot pakodas and hot Darjeeling tea and really enjoyed to the hilt. Then on the way back, we had hot-hot bhuttas – ummmm simply delicious!!!! And equally delicious looking is the lipstick which I am going to review today. I had bought 4 lipstick shades from this collection and I am reviewing the shade “Ole Flamingo” today. The name Ole Flamingo reminds me of something Spanish. Spain reminds me of matadors, bull fighting, all those movies with actors like Antonio Banderas in all muscular sinew, and very delicate looking yet confident and sassy actresses like Catherine Zeta Jones with a very dark bold color delicious looking lips.
Exclusive formula: Matte finish and incredibly light. Rouge Edition Velvet by Bourjois is the new era of lipsticks. An amazing, irresistible formula. Its soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matt, velvety and incredibly light colour. Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet. Enriched with evanescent oils, it’s incredibly sensuous formula provides a soft, second-skin feel, without drying or fading lips.
I realized today that today that I have not yet told you all about all the shades in this collection. This collection has 8 shades in it:
- 01: Personne me Rouge: The glamorous red of dreams. The classic, ultra intense red. A movie star red, which every girl needs to own.
- 02: Frambourjoise: Slightly bleached, as if by the sun, this is a red berry with a pink tone. Perfect for those who want to try red without giving up pink (or vice versa).
- 03: Hot Pepper: The striking orange red. Modern and Elegant. A contemporary poppy red.
- 04: Peach Club: A discreet pale orange tone, perfect for the sixties look.
- 05: Ole Flamingo: A deep pink with all the light, fresh and sassy spirit of raspberry. Intense and surprising.
- 06: Pink Pong: The edgy, extremely post-modern fuchsia pink. The perfect way to accessorize your look.
- 07: Nude-ist: Rosewood, for natural looking lips. An incredibly simple nude and ideal solution for everyday.
- 08: Grand Cru: A dark burgundy red, tinged with pink for a bright touch that makes it easy to wear.
Dimethicone/Vinyl DimethiconeCrosspolymer, Butyl Acrylate/HydroxypropylDimethicone Acrylate Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Parfum (Fragrance), Limolene. [+/- (May Contain) : CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Mica, CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 12085 (Red 36), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet)]. 13BML001-1
I got it for around 9 GBP (around Rs. 970/- in India).
My Experience with Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick – 05 Ole Flamingo:
As I said earlier, this is a mind-blowing shade. Any girl can wear it, and immediately feel confident and strong in any situation. It is an extremely bold fuchsia shade; and the best part is that it can be worn with a lighter hand for a day time look, and still look extremely pretty.
Like the other shades, this one also comes in a transparent square shape tube, with a fuchsia color lid for easy identification. The lid has a sponge doe-foot applicator attached to it, and the shade name is written on the tube. It is a very simple yet elegant and sturdy packaging.
The formula is excellent. It gives a soft cushiony feel on the lips, and glides smoothly without any tugging at all. The pigmentation is very intense, and one swipe should be enough for people who are not comfortable with very bold colors. It does not apply streaky even with one swipe; though you can smooth it out with the applicator or with your fingers. Two swipes, and it gives a very intense, bold, yet not over the top fuchsia shade, which you can carry off during any occasion or during your evening outs. It settles into a smooth powdery matte finish after 5 minutes. It does not settle into any lip lines.
The formula does not dry out the lips, and stays intact for more than 12 hours. It is almost transfer resistant, but does transfer a bit, especially while drinking hot liquids. However, the intensity of the shade does not seem to alter much even after this. The chemical smell present in the other lipsticks, seems almost non-existent in this one. It needs a good makeup remover for complete removal at the end of the day.
Pros of Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick – 05 Ole Flamingo:
- Long lasting (in fact, the longest lasting lipstick I have ever used).
- Beautiful and sturdy packaging.
- The lid has same color as the shade inside.
- Doe-foot applicator helps in precise application.
- Intense pigmentation.
- Stains the lips.
- Can be applied with a light hand or boldly as well.
- First swipe on the lips does not appear streaky.
- No feathering or bleeding.
- Feels very light on the lips.
- Powdery matte finish.
- Does not dry out the lips at all.
- Does not look dull at all.
- No chemical like smell.
- Does not change its color or darken with time.
- No shimmer.
- Does not settle into lip lines, nor exaggerates them.
- Gives an instant radiant look to the face.
- Makes teeth appear whiter.
- Ole Flamingo is a pretty bold fuchsia shade, which can be applied lightly as well.
- Will look beautiful on all skin tones.
- Will look excellent for both day and evening times.
Cons of Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick – 05 Ole Flamingo:
- Availability in India.
- A bit on the expensive side.
- Will have to be removed with a good remover (else it will stay as a stain).
- Transfers a bit.
5/5 (actually, this one deserves 6/5; but since it transfers a bit without change in intensity or fading, I have given it 5/5).
Would I Recommend Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick – 05 Ole Flamingo?
YES, YES, and another YES. I recommend this shade and this line to each and every living lady in this world. Come on…Go out…Do not be timid – you do not need to be on the safer side of colors always. Be confident…Flaunt your lips!!!!
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick – 02 Frambourjoise
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick – Rose Studio
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick – 18 Violine Strass
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick – 05 Brun Boheme
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick – Fraise Remix
10 Best Bourjois Lipsticks Available in India
Bourjois Rouge Edition – Shade 10 Rouge Buzz
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick – Hot Hot Hot
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick – Secretly Pink