Braun 7280 Silk-epil Xpressive epilator-corded – Review
Hello IMBB beauties, I have been using the Braun SE7280 Silk-Epil Xpressive Epilator Body System, Corded for the past few months. I will be reviewing it for you today.
Cost: 89 USD, Bought from Amazon. It comes with 1 year warranty.
Braun created the Silk-epil Xpressive Body System 7280 — a 40-tweezer epilator with a pivoting head for weeks of smooth skin. Best of all, it significantly reduces the discomfort that other hair-removal systems cause.
The Braun SE7280 Silk-Epil Xpressive Body System Epilator offers:
- 40-tweezer epilator for long lasting smooth skin.
- Pivoting head so you don’t miss anything.
- Massage rollers to reduce pain.
- Built-in SmartLight to highlight every hair.
- Proven Fast and Painless Hair Removal – A set of Olay Pre-Epilation wipes are included to soften the skin and make the process even gentler.
- Smart Design for Easy Control – Braun’s Silk-epil Xpressive is specially designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. You’ll experience easy grip and control for maneuvering the device over sensitive places on your body. The included shaver head with Optitrim attachment allows a fast, close shave of underarms, bikini line, and other challenging areas. Regrowth is slow and it leaves hair finer and thinner every time around for gorgeously smooth skin. The epilator is fully washable for maximum hygiene, and its modern design looks great in the home.
What’s in the Box?
- Shaver head and trimmer
- Olay pre-epilation wipes – contains 16 wipes
- Efficiency cap
- Beginner cap
- Instruction Manual
Why I bought this epilator:
I love waxing my hands and legs – but the only problem with waxing is that I have to wait till a good amount of hair grows back to wax again. There are days when you have some special occasions to attend and your hair is not yet fully grown to be waxed but there is hair. I am not a big fan of shaving as I am scared of cutting my skin and shaving gives me razor bumps. I got this epilator to help me during such situations.
Why Braun 7280:
Braun 5270: Same features as 7280 but the epilator and shaver head cannot be washed by water. It is a corded epilator. It can be used dry only. This one had the maximum positive reviews on Amazon.
Braun 7280: The epilator and shaver head can be washed with water. It is corded epilator. It can be used dry only.
Braun 7281: This epilator can be used both wet (in shower) and dry. It comes with a charging chord. The charged epilator runs for about 1 hour. However, this epilator cannot with used while chorded.
I chose 7280 over 5270 because the epilator and shaver head could be washed with water. I felt it would be more hygienic. 7281 had mixed reviews about the epilator discharging very fast and the epilator not having as much power as a chorded epilator. Though the wet and dry feature of 7281 really tempted me, I would have not liked it if my epilator ran out of battery in the middle. Hence I opted for Braun 7280.
My Experience with the epilator:
I use this after having a bath so that my body hair is soft. Your skin must be dry. Do not apply any moisturizer on your body. Use the pre-epilation wipes on the region you want to epilate. Hold the epilator perpendicular to your hand/leg and move the epilator against the direction of hair growth. My only concern with the product was – how painful would it be. The first time I used the epilator it was a little painful on arms and legs, but nothing that I could not bear. I would say same as the pain during waxing. However, waxing is like one big strip and it’s gone. This one is slower. The pain became lesser every time I used it. I used to epilate my underarms too. This was a lot more painful than hands and legs. I could feel my hair being plucked out as if someone where threading my underarms.
What I like The epilator:
- It saves a lot of time unlike waxing. It is a lot quicker. It takes me about 30 minutes max to epilate my legs, hands and under arms. I can use it at home as per my convenience. No parlor appointments or waiting.
- Hassle free- no strips, no sticky mess like waxing.
- The smartlight feature is very useful. You can see if you have not missed out any hair. In case you have, you can re-run the epilator on that area instantly.
- It runs at two speeds. You can use the epilator at whatever speed you are comfortable with.
- It tends to pull out the shortest hair (2mm) which many times don’t get pulled out during waxing.
- I find the Shaver / trimmer attachment very useful. If you have longer hair, you can always trim first and then epilate (ex: underarms).
- The Shaver head makes trimming hair in bikini and sensitive areas very easy.
- Both the epilator head and shaver head can be washed with water. However, it has to dry perfectly. Make sure the head is dry when you use it the next time.
- It is a onetime investment. I have heard people using epilator for 10-15 years and more.
- It is helpful when you are in hurry or when you do not have time to visit the parlor.
- I would any day prefer using an epilator over a razor.
- After waxing I experience redness on my arms which goes away in an hour. I did not experience redness with epilator.
- The massage rollers help to reduce pain.
- The hair which grew back was fine and lesser.
- Travel friendly.
- I use it every 3-4 weeks.
What I Don’t like The epilator:
- The day I epilate, my hands feel a little bumpy unlike waxing where my hands feel soft and smooth. However, they are soft and smooth the next day. I usually epilate during the evening so that redness, irritation, pain and bumps disappear overnight.
- I do experience a few ingrown hairs. However, it is not something which is a major concern. With regular body scrubbing, this can be taken care of.
- It has 16 pre-epilation wipes. I wonder what I am going to do once they get over. I think I might have to buy them separately.
- The first time I turned it on, I found it very noisy. I have got used to it now; I think all shavers/epilators are noisy.
- For hygiene reasons, do not share the epilator with others.
- After epilation/shaving – clean the heads and let them dry.
- This epilator is a body epilator. Not meant for face.
- While epilating underarms, make sure the underarm area skin is tight. That way it would hurt less.
Overall, I am pretty happy with this epilator. It is easy to use, hassle free and relatively low maintenance. However, the amount of pain and ingrown hair would vary from person to person depending on how thick/coarse hair is. Most epilators when sold have a 15 day to 1 month trial period. So in case the product doesn’t work for you can return it back.
Also Read :
- Philips Satinelle Ice Rechargeable Epilator HP6503/10 Review
- Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!