Today, I am going to review yet another facial product—the Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub. I have used several Clean and Clear products and this is one of them.
Clean skin deep down without clogging pores. Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub is designed to invigorate skin by cleansing pores deep down and gently exfoliating surface skin. The Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub provides a tingly, cooling sensation as you gently massage the scrub on skin — the unmistakable, revitalizing feeling of a deep cleansing action.
My Take on Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub:
This is a pretty good facial scrub from Clean and Clear. It is gentle enough to be used every day and it works well to exfoliate the skin, leaving it with the feeling of being clean and smooth after every use. It is an oil-free, blue, gel-based scrub that is infused with tiny blue-green exfoliating beads.
The cool, tingling sensation that the gel offers can be a delight in the summer season, but it can sting the face on colder days! Make sure to wash your face using lukewarm water when using this scrub. Using cold water will just make it feel like a bad, bad decision!
The packaging is an attractive one. But, the tube may not be very travel friendly. For instance, the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Cleanser is available in a bottle with a convenient, travel-friendly pump that locks and unlocks with ease.
As of now, this product is not widely available in India. There are perhaps select stores in Mumbai that stock this scrub, but I cannot be too sure. However, it is widely available in the US.
7-8 USD for 5 oz./141 gm.
Pros of Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub:
- Effective face scrub. Exfoliates the skin well and is gentle enough to be used every day.
- The skin does feel unmistakably clean after every use.
- This is suitable for all skin types.
- Offers a cool, refreshing tingle on massaging it in, which makes it a good choice for a hot, summer day.
- Attractive packaging.
Cons of Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub:
- Although this is a good scrub, it doesn’t seem to do anything for the skin in the long run, at least not in terms of clearing up the blemishes, blackheads, etc. It doesn’t claim to either.
- As a scrub, this won’t take care of all the exfoliation that your skin needs. It is gentle enough to be used every day. However, it is gel based and therefore will not exfoliate too much. I prefer using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which is cream-based, when I am looking for more vigorous exfoliation.
- The cool tingle that this gel induces on the skin can sting the face and the eyes, especially when used with cold water.
- The fragrance could be too pungent for some.
- This contains parabens.
- The packaging is not very travel-friendly.
Most Clean and Clear products are designed with oily-acne prone skin in mind. However, I have dry skin and most of their products have suited me fine. This scrub is no exception. It does not dry my skin out and does not result in any skin problems.
Verdict on Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub:
Overall, this is a good scrub. But, it has a number of shortcomings because of which I wouldn’t really say that it is a must-have. However, if you are looking for a gentle scrub to be used more frequently than some other more vigorous scrubs, and if you don’t mind the parabens, the fragrance and the tingling sensation, then you could possibly opt for this one.
IMBB rating: 3/5.
Clean and Clear Deep Action Cleanser
Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub
Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub
Clean and Clear Fairness Face Wash
Clean and Clear Morning Energy Face Wash – Brightening Berry
Clean and Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleanser