Hi Lovely Ladies,
In earlier days beautifying the neck was limited to a beautiful necklace, a chain- gold/silver or Diamonds. But gone are those days, now we have necklines of our clothes to bring that glamour earlier done by a pretty necklace or a solitaire. A simple dress or a top or even a sweater can grab the attention of thousands with simply draping the neckline in rounded folds. Well you have already guessed, I am talking about the COWL NECK in a woman’s garment. After intense research I have drawn the conclusion that cowl necks are the hottest embellishments adorning a woman’s garment this season. It is all about highlighting the neckline for a unique yet subtle look. But before I begin I would like to explain a bit more about the cowl neck pattern. A cowl neck is a draped woman’s neckline in garments such as tops, dresses, gowns, sweaters, etc in rounded folds that hangs in a loosely fashionable way. You can see in the picture below what it looks like.
Celebrities in Cowl Neck
From beautiful and lovely dresses to evening gowns, wedding dresses, to formal office wear, to casual tops and dresses Cowl Necks are perfect to qualify the feminine beauty and subtle tones of a lady’s regular wear. So let us have a peek-a-boo into some of my favorite and most popular celebrities’ wardrobe and see how they have adorned this cowl neckline in their clothes.
1. Cameron Diaz , Pippa Middleton and Frieda Pinto are looking really stunning in fresh green, lusty red and elegant white evening gowns with a cowl neckline. This pattern is also popular among many celebrities for the red-carpets gowns.
2. Cowl neck tops are also very popular among youngsters and even the older ones these days. Kim Kardashian the Style Diva has taken this cowl neck to greater heights by wearing a cowl neckline top with a skirt and look at that big belt!!! It is just WOW!!! Don’t forget to notice she is not carrying even a single piece of accessory.
3. Lily Cole is just looking ravishing in this black cowl neck gown. I love her sequined and again point to be noted accessories are lacking. That is all about cowl neck, to keep the accessories minimal since the neckline is grabbing all the attention.
4. My Favorite Woman of Matter and Substance Miss Universe Sushmita Sen is looking as a Glam Goddess in this sequined huge Cowl Neck little dress. I guess the dazzle of her dress have the million-watts to brighten up the gloomiest corner of the world. The shoes are already telling tales, I don’t need any words to praise them.
Cowl Neck Sweaters:
This is how my favorite Kim Kardashian has jazzed up a cowl neck top with a blazer and I liked the way the model has accessorized a plain white cowl neck sweater with a chunky piece of jewellery. I think this is a fabulous way to style up in winters. Well winter is away but still we can be prepared to welcome it in IMBB way (wink!! Wink!!).
Some Tips to Keep in Mind Before Wearing a Cowl Neck Dress/ Top
• Don’t over accessorize the look. It is better to leave the neck empty so that the neckline of the garment can steal all the attentions. They make you effortlessly gorgeous in every way.
• Cowl necklined clothes suits woman of all figures, height, etc. Even those with a little weight can try the cowl neck as it will hide the volume in the upper part of the body in its folds ( try the Sushmita Sen look ☺ ) Its flowing and will hide your excess fat if you have any.
• The main body of the top, sweater or dress should fit perfectly to your body type. It should not be loose otherwise the cowl neck will get lost in the whole clothing.
• You can wear cowl neckline clothing to any party or fancy dinner or even a formal meeting.
• For your feet go for high heels, wedges, stilettos, ballerinas, in fact everything looks stunning with a cowl neck garment.
Cowl Necks are really hot and fashionable this season. Whether be it a summer dress or top or a winter garment cowl neck have the singular ability to uplift the entire look. Its sporty, casual, chic yet glamorous in its own unique way.
Thanks a lots for reading my article!!! Take Care and Be Fashionable Always!!