WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I am back with a DIY after ages! I waited quite long to share this DIY as I wanted to see its effects on my hair before recommending it to you people. Now that I know this works amazingly in strengthening hair, preventing balding and premature greying I am ready to share my secret recipe. To know about this fortified hair oil, containing black cumin seeds and black tea, keep scrolling.
Coconut Oil and Shikakai Oil: I have used these as base oils. You can substitute them and go for thick oils like castor oil, amla oil, bhringaraj oil. It would be best if the oils are made by extraction of pure ingredients rather than the commercially available ones. But you can surely give this a shot with store-bought oils.
Black Cumin Seeds: 1 tablespoon for 50 ml of oil.
Black Tea: I got a black tea bag, but you can use black tea leaves too.
1. Pour the coconut oil and shikakai oil in 1:1 ratio to a mixing cup. You can scale up to make up a larger batch, or make small amounts as I do. The ratios given here are for 50 ml total oil volume (25 ml coconut oil and 25 ml shikakai oil).
2. Add 1 tablespoon of black cumin seeds.
3. Next, add the black tea bag to the mixture. You can either add a soaked tea bag (in hot water) or use it dry. Either way, it works great.
4. Mix it well and leave it in sun for as long you want. I leave mine for 4-5 days or so. The longer you leave, the darker it gets. You can easily leave it for a fortnight.
5. Filter the oil with a muslin cloth or strainer and store it in a container.
How to Use:
1. Heat it up lightly in a water bath or leave it in sun for 30 minutes before using to get warm oil.
2. Massage your scalp and apply till the end of your strands 1-hour prior hair wash.
3. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
Black Cumin Seeds or Kalonji:
Kalonji or black seed has been used for many years as a traditional hair care ingredient, especially in Asian and Mediterranean regions. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutrients helping to strengthen hair and prevent uncontrolled hair loss. Regular use helps to add shine and lustre to hair and protects it from premature greying. It is also said to eradicate dandruff and contribute to overall health of hair.
Black tea is rich in caffeine, in fact, it has more caffeine than a cup of coffee. The caffeine blocks Dihydrotestosterone or DHT, the androgenic hormone that is responsible for hair loss. Black tea softens natural hair, makes it manageable and add a dark shine to hair.
The magic of coconut oil for hair is known to all. It’s rich in fats which condition and smoothen hair, make hair stronger and stronger.
Shikakai is a great source of vitamins which help promote hair growth by giving your scalp a collagen boost. Not only does it boost hair growth and shine, it cures dandruff and scalp itching.
DIY Hair Growth Oil and Inversion Methods for Faster Hair Growth
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
DIY Hair Oil for Dark, Lustrous and Long Hair
DIY Hair Oil for Longer and Stronger Hair
DIY Fenugreek Seeds and Curry Leaves Infused Hair Oil for Hair Growth
Dabur Vatika Black Olive Black Shine Shampoo
Clinic Plus Strong and Long Health Shampoo
Not Your Mother’s Way To Grow Long and Strong Shampoo
Clinic Plus Strong and Long Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
TRESemme Strengthen and Protect Ionic Strength Shampoo