WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Claims : The opulent volume mascara defines and frames the eye using exclusive brush technology for exceptional separation and volume. the lightweight, sculptable formula rapidly builds volume, while the cutting edge brush design ensures the product works across various lash types to emphasize eyes for a powerful, lasting impression.
Available in 4 colors : Iconic Black, Cocoa (chocolate brown), midnight blue, ottanio (teal)
Price : USD 33/ INR 2,000 approx
My Experience with Gucci Opulent Volume Mascara
I am a huge mascara hoarder. I feel I need to try mascara from every brand. 😛 Also since I use maracas pretty much every day , they finish up pretty quickly for me.I call them guilt free shopping. 😀
Anyway, Gucci Opulent Volume mascara comes in 4 colors – black, chocolate brown, teal and midnight blue. I decided to test the classic black first. And I am mighty happy with it.
- Gucci Opulent Volume Mascara comes packed in a classic black rectangular tube. There is Gucci’s double ‘G’ logo engraved all over. The wand is fuss free simple wand with short bristles. Both packaging and wand are simple but very effective.
- The iconic black is a deep dark black, exactly the way I like my mascaras to be.
- The bristles in the wand are shorter on the front and longer as you reach the bottom. I think that makes the brush super effective. You can actually use the shorter bristles to coat the lashes on the very corner of the eyes. And the longer bristles work effectively for rest of the lashes. Also since the wand is just slightly bent it makes it very easy to work with.
- The formula of the mascara is neither too thick nor too thin. It coats the lashes beautifully without clumping or adding heaviness.
- You can also layer it on and it does not make your lashes feel heavy.
- The mascara is not waterproof but it does not smudge or smear all day long.
- It separates the lashes without giving them the spidery lashes look. (check before and after pics below)
- It adds both volume and length to my lashes (check before and after pics below). But it is not the most dramatic mascara I have used so far. I feel they have kept their mascara in that elegant range where it does its job without going over the top. I mean I personally love crazy amount of volume and length but this is something that would suit pretty much every one’s taste.
- It does not take very long to dry down.
- It does not cause any irritation to eyes and comes off easily with an eye makeup remover.
Overall, I am sooo happy with the way this mascara works. It opens up the eyes and adds that bit of drama to the lashes. I can wear it both during the day and evening. The mascara wand works beautifully the getting over single lash. The formula is nice. There is nothing that I don’t like about this one. 🙂 The only thing I could say is that may be I would have loved more volume since it is a ‘volume mascara’. Still the intensity it adds to the lashes makes a world of a difference to how beautiful your eyes look after using it. 🙂
Rating : 4.8/5
Swatches : before and after using Gucci Opulent Mascara (my lashes are barely visible in the first pic :D)
Are Gucci Bitter Grape, Rose Dragee Audacious Lipstick The Best in Luxury Segment?
Gucci Flora Eau De Parfum Review
Gucci Makeup : An Introduction, Photos, Swatches
Gucci Envy Me Perfume Review
Gucci Guilty Eau De Parfum Review
Exceptionnel de Chanel Intense Volume and Curl Mascara Review
Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara – Noir Review
10 Best Lengthening Mascaras