This is the first time that I am trying and reviewing an eye mask of this kind. I bought this Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask Gel Beads Green after a recommendation from a friend who suffers from puffy, under-eye bags, and mentioned that this mask soothes and relieves his tired eyes. Swollen under eye bags is not my concern but tired eyes after a long day of work are my concern and that’s why I decided to give this mask a try.
The Earth Therapeutics Gel Bead Sleep Mask soothes & comforts while blocking out light to facilitate deep restful sleep.
My Experience with Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask Gel Beads Green:
This product comes in a clear, plastic case which is well-made and re-useable and is perfect for storing it or to carry it with on travels. It looks like an oversized sleeping eye mask. The front side has a clear, plastic see-through material with lime green gel beads that are clearly visible and the other side (the side that stays in contact with the eyes) is made up of a very soft fabric which feels very soft and comfortable against the skin. The mask also has a strap with velcro to fasten it in place so that it does not slip or fall off while resting.
The best way to use this mask is to apply it the way we use ice packs to relieve tired and swollen eyes. It is recommended that for added cooling benefit, chill the mask in the refrigerator for an hour or put in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get the desired temperature. I put it in my freezer for immediate cooling of mask because I usually forget to cool it in advance. I then take out and gently place the soft fleece side of the mask over my tired eyes to relieve them. In my case, when tired, my eyes start to droop and the dark circles become very prominent.
This mask claims that it is specially designed with a therapeutic gel bead layer lined with soft, plush fleece and it soothes and comforts while blocking out light, to facilitate deep restful sleep. Using it overnight, like a regular sleeping mask might work for some, but for me, it was uncomfortable and cumbersome, and I could not use it overnight. However, I found it very helpful to rest my tired eyes when I used it for as long as the gel beads stayed cold – that was about 20-30 minutes. This mask reduces the appearance of under-eye bags and relaxes tired eyes. It is an affordable option compared to soothing eye creams in a “roller ball attached to a tube” packaging.
Pros of Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask Gel Beads Green:
- This mask comes in a clear, plastic case which is perfect for storage and for travelling purposes.
- The gel bead formulation cools and soothes eyes, and over time, claims to harmonize with the body’s natural temperature flow to help prevent puffiness while you rest.
- The gel beads cool down in 10-15 minutes if put in freezer and are ready for use.
- The side which comes in contact with eyes is lined with very soft fleece fabric and feels very comfortable on skin.
- It comes with a strap with a velcro to secure the mask in place.
- It works well at relaxing tired eyes and reduces the appearance of under-eye bags.
- It is an affordable option compared to soothing eye creams in a “roller ball attached to a tube” packaging.
- Easy to clean and take care of.
Cons of Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask Gel Beads Green:
- Affordable option compared to soothing eye creams that come in a roller ball type of packaging.
- Claims that it can be used overnight, but I could not do that. Using it overnight like a regular sleeping mask was uncomfortable and cumbersome.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask Gel Beads Green?
It is an affordable, body pampering tool and works well to rest and sooth tired and puffy eyes. I do recommend it to readers.
Earth Therapeutics Refreshing Foot Scrub
Earth Therapeutics Loofah Exfoliating Scrub
Earth Therapeutics Exfoliating Body Sponge
8 Facts About Collagen Eye Pads and Eye Masks That You Must Know
The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask
Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Revitalising Eye Mask
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask