Hello Nail Art Buffs!!!
I love salon style manicure but it’s way too expensive to get on a regular basis and even more expensive to pair it with gel nail paint or Shellac nail paint, hence I decided to buy my own gel top coat to give a professional finish to my nail paints. Essence is a well-known yet an affordable brand and most of the products from this brand perform well, hence I had high expectations from this product.
New and improved formula now with a plumping effect! Essence’s Gel-look Plumping Top Coat offers a high-shine, plumped up, and long lasting salon quality gel manicure without the UV lamp.
My Take on Essence Gel Look Plumping Top Coat:
Like I said, I have had a good experience with this brand in the past which made me chalk up really high expectations and fortunately it lived up to most of them 🙂
Packaging: This top coat comes in a clear, cylindrical bottle with a white cap which holds the nail paint application brush.
- Start with clean dry nails with no oils on them to increase wear time of nail paint.
- Gently file and buff nails to get a smooth surface to apply the polish.
- Start with clear base and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Apply the desired nail paint on the nail, starting with the center of the nail and then moving side ways.
- Repeat the previous step to get the true color of nail paint and ensure a better wear time.
- Once dry, apply the Essence Gel Top to add a gel-like finish to nails.
- I did like the end result and even though it was not as good as Shellac nail paint, it was still comparable to it.
- The consistency of the top coat is not too thick, neither too runny hence it was easy to apply.
- It does not dry out or thicken and one need not add acetone every time before application.
- It helps the nail paint to dry faster and also increases the wear time of the color applied.
Staying Power: Most of the nail color underneath this top coat give a good wear time and last more than a week even with all the chores of daily life involved.
It is a must have for all those who wear nail paints on a regular basis because it has so many benefits and is so easy on pocket. It is also very easy to apply, dry and maintain. One can get pretty, salon-like nails for at least a week without any worry of chipping of nail color.
Pros of Essence Gel Look Plumping Top Coat:
- Good packaging – prevents it from drying out.
- Can be used as base or a top coat.
- Gives a pretty shine to nails – gel like.
- Comparable to Shellac.
- No need of UV rays to get a gel-like effect.
- Increases wear time of nail paint.
- Helps nail paint dry faster.
Cons of Essence Gel Look Plumping Top Coat:
- Not exactly like Shellac but still comparable.
- Does not give as good wear time as Shellac.
Would I Repurchase Essence Gel Look Plumping Top Coat?
Yes, because of all the pros mentioned above and I totally recommend it to all those who love gel nail paints but find them bit too expensive to wear on a regular basis.
Essence Moisturizing Nail Polish Remover
Essence Quick & Easy Sponge Nail Polish Remover
Essence Nail Polish Remover
Essence French Manicure and Pedicure Pen
Gel Nails – All You Want to Know!!
OPI RapiDry Top Coat
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base and Top Coat
Rimmel London 5 in 1 Nail Treat Base and Top Coat
Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base and Top Coat