WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Lipstick Review
Price: Rs 1,210
- With 12-hour staying power, the color you love is here to stay.
- All-day silky. All-day comfortable. All-day gorgeous.
- Rich, stay-in-place color is creamy and smooth, with a satin shine.
- Apply once and don’t think twice about it.
- Removes easily with Take It Away makeup remover.
Estee Lauder Double wear Stay in Place lipstick comes in the signature blue-golden casing.
The top side of the lipstick has “EL” engraved on it and…
the bottom side has the information mentioned about the lipstick.
In India, we have 7 shades available :
- o7 Stay mocha – soft brown colour
- 11 Stay Cranberry – pinkish colour with brown undertones
- 03 Stay Pink Berry : Soft Pink colour with yellow undertones
- 04 Stay Raspberry – Rosy red colour
- 12 Stay Ruby -Pink with mauvish undertones
- 10 Stay Scarlet – True Red colour
- 02 Stay Pink : Pink with yellow undertones. Also the kinds that would look pretty on a lot of Indian skin tones.
All the lipsticks have an understated golden sheen to it.
Shade for Review : Stay Ginger 08 (I think this shade has not been launched in India)
Stay ginger is a powder pink kind of a colour with soft brown undertones to it.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place lipsticks are quite different from the regular creamy lipsticks. I would say they are somewhere between a matte lipstick and a lipstain.
What I like about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place lipstick:
- The staying power. It stays on my lips for good 4-5 hours. Even after having full meals, the stain of lipstick is still there.
- These lipsticks in general are quite drying but not as drying as a lipstain is. The lipsticks have a creamy texture, glide on your lips easily and look almost like lip stain on your lips. You generally see the lips of models in beauty magazines have this understated kind of a look., The lipstick is there but it’s there like stain. If you find these lipsticks too drying, you may top these with a gloss. The staying power would reduce but not to the extent if you’d apply a gloss on top of a creamy lipstick.
- I like the fact that this lipstick does not settle in the fine line of your lips. With lip stains I generally face this problem and that’s the reason I avoid wearing them.
- The lipstick has a strawberrish flavour to it, which I quite like.
- The texture of lipstick is matte.
- I quite like the Stay Ginger shade as well. Goes well during the day time and especially for a formal meeting.
- The lipsticks are quite pigmented. Just one or two swipes of colour is enough to cover my full lips.
- I quite liked the colour selection especially Stay Scarlet and Stay Pinkberry,
Estee Lauder Stay in Place Lipsticks are not for you if :
- You are looking for creamy moisturizing lipstick. These are creamy but quite drying. You have to have a lipbalm underneath and preferably exfoliated lips.
- These would accentuate the fine lines if you have very dry lips.
Overall I prefer to wear this lipstick when I have a long day ahead and I know that I won’t get time to do the touch ups. I wear it especially for formal occasions because I like to keep the colours and textures of my lipsticks quite understated.
I would recommend this especially to those people who like to wear matte lipsticks and lip stains.
And here is me wearing Stay Ginger lipstick:
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-* :-* + 0.5
Have you tried Estee Lauder Stay in Place lipstick? Please rate in the box below.
PS : Estee Lauder Stay in Place Creme Shadows have been launched in India. As of now the store has got a stock of only two shades : Pink Blush (peachy pink colour) and Precious Jade ( forest green colour with golden sheen ) . They are priced at Rs 1080. You may read Devika’s review :
Note: The product shown in this entry was sent by the company/ PR for consideration.