Today, I am going to write a review on Faces Lip Pencil in the shade Auburn.
Now that I found a store near my place that sells Faces Cosmetics, I have started eyeing the brand. I bought the colored eyeliners and lipsticks from Faces, which were really good. I went ahead and explored the brand a little more and bought the lip pencil, as I had never used a lip pencil before.
This is how the pencil looks like:
What the Product Claims:
• Over 25 shades of kohl-free pencils.
• Faces lip pencils provide you with beautiful, even definition, without the worry of your favorite lipstick bleeding or feathering away.
• These pencils glide on effortlessly without any pulling or smudging.
Rs 299/- for 1.13 g (I got it for Rs.249/- in an offer ) 😀
3 years from the date of manufacture.
This is how the tip of the lip pencil looks like.
My Take on Faces Lip Pencil Auburn:
Well, this is my first ever lip pencil and the shade that I bought is called Auburn. It’s a light reddish-brown shade with slight pink undertone. I really found the shade to be good on the lips. The pigmentation is good, I mean, for lining, one swipe will be fine. If you want to use it as a lip color, a second swipe is required to show off that actual color on the lips, but a lip balm has to be worn without fail as it could be a little drying on the lips. However, after application, the lips do feel light and the color pay-off is really good.
The pencil comes in a regular black body with a well-fitted black cap. The packaging does not look cheap at all and the cap tightly fits the pencil, no you can happily drop it in your bag. Also, the texture is creamy and glides well on the lips and feels very light on the lips.
The pencil needs to be sharpened out and you can use regular cosmetic sharpener to serve the purpose. I personally like sharpening as it is hygienic as the base of the pencil always messes up whenever I apply the pencil as a lip color.
See what I meant
Swatches : Left to Right ( 2 Swatches, 1 Swatch ) – In Sunlight and artificial Light.
Now, let me quickly list out the pros and cons.
Pros of Faces Lip Pencil Auburn:
• Pigmentation is good, one swipe builds up the color.
• Price 😀 (a good buy for Rs. 249/- ).
• Packaging is good, the black cap fits well tightly.
• The pencil needs to be sharpened, (I prefer this way as it is hygienic).
• The lip pencil glides on smoothly.
• This shade will suit almost all skin tones.
• This shade particularly, goes well with all lip colors that I have (mostly browns/reds, etc.)
• Does not settle into the fine lines and feels very light on the lips.
Cons of Faces Lip Pencil Auburn:
• No ingredient list is mentioned (not even on the website).
• The lip pencil could be drying, not suggested for dry lips unless lip balm is used.
• Staying power is average (2-3 hours).
• It has a funny smell, though it disappears after a minute of application.
• Sharpening may lead to product wastage.
Overall, I think, it is a good lip liner that does its job, but I personally liked it as a lip color as it was complimenting my skin tone. 😀
This is how it looks on me when I wore it as a lip color : ( I used lip balm to avoid dryness ).
The pigmentation of the pencil is really good. My upper lip is slightly pigmented, still it covered and gave a nice light reddish pink color to my lips.
Would I Repurchase?
No!! One lip pencil is enough for me as of now, as I hardly use lip pencils.
Would I Recommend?
Maybe!! A decent buy actually, sure you can try one of your favorite shades from this range.
Chanel Le Crayon Levres Precision Lip Definer Aveline
Lancome Le Crayon Khol Eyeliner Brun & Silver
Maybelline Crayon Liner
Maybelline Crayon Liner
Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeliner Crayon Electric Blue, Sparkling Silver
NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil Hot Red
NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil : Deep Red, Iced Coffee, Soft Fuchsia
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red
Maybelline Forever Metallics Metal Shine Lip Color Pencil
Chambor Velvette Touch Lip Liner Pencil