NYX Jumbo Lip pencils: Deep Red, Iced Coffee and Soft Fuchsia
Hey my lovely girls, how is the week coming up?
Mine is all busy busy so I’m good, LOL.
A few weeks back, I suddenly got some kind of a weird feeling that I didn’t have enough lipsticks and also all my lip glosses are either getting over or getting expired and it was raining cats and dogs and rainbows, so I wasn’t able to go out much, so what does any friend of Nuu do? yesss, I began window shopping online :haanji:
I saw a seller on Amazon.com selling any 3 NYX lip pencils for $12 and I don’t know if it was the hormones, or the gloomy atmosphere or the AC, but I just blindly clicked “BUY NOW!!”
It’s double or nothing with this lip liner and lipstick in one. Our masterful Jumbo Lip Pencils infuse lips with alluring, nourishing color, and help you create a precision pout. That’s line, define and color with one jumbo pencil. Plus the mineral oil formula does not dry our your lips and it goes on smoothly. We likey. Available in 30 shades.
I picked these up based on the swatches shown on the site, which I must say are very misleading.
The ones I got are:
A very warm toned brown shade with no shimmer, reminds me of muddy clay. Very very nude shade on me and very different from swatches I have seen.
Weird name for this one, considering its no where near a fuchsia colour. What it is, is a cool toned lip colour pink.
For me, the color seemed more like a deep hot-pink red, more blue undertones. No orangey-ness, but it definitely does not have those burgundy/wine undertones that I would normally associate with a deep red.
Someone in an amazon review even said, “You will have lovely “Marilyn Monroe” looking lips!!” *hope so*
Let me sum it up!
1) Very creamy and very pigmented.
2) Huge variety of colors.
3) Stays for about 3-4 hours depending on what you eat.
4) Can layer them (in my opinion, they work best that way).
5) Will stay on longer if you apply a nude liner underneath.
6) No discernible scent or taste.
7) Easy to apply.
8) Can apply it as a stain too.
9) Fades evenly.
10) Very affordable.
1) Very messy as they are very creamy, my nightshirt is stained and even with a little jerk, the tip is damaged :(.
2) I wonder how I am going to sharpen these.
3) Can slip easily out of the lip and give you bleeding color (I apply it with my fingers).
4) Easily transferable (don’t kiss him when you appply these :wink:).
5) Swatches on the site are misleading.
6) Even the names are misleading in some cases.
7) In the entire Jumbo range- the caps are very very delicate, mine broke within a week and I swear I didn’t drop any of them, even Jomol’s cap broke.
8)Availability, it is widely available on sites, but very very few stores have them.
Overall, I quite liked these pencils, but there’s too much drama with them. I would still recommend them as they are very moisturizing and the color payoff is great.
I’d give them 3.5 out of 5.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Yoghurt Review, Swatches
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Milk Review, Swatches
NYX Lip Creams in Stockholm and Tokyo
NYX Lip Cream Addis Ababa Review, Swatch, FOTD
NYX Lip Lacquer Pot
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red
NYX Round Lipgloss Review, Swatches