WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
While blackheads are relatively easier to tackle, deep-rooted blackheads are relatively difficult to get rid of. Blackheads occur when hair follicles are clogged at the surface of your skin. Sebum, trapped dirt and grime block such follicles that lead to blackheads. In this post, we will tell you about the ways to get rid of a deep blackhead. So, let’s begin.
What Causes Deep Blackheads?
Some of the major causes are:
- Skin producing too much oil.
- Trapped bacteria and microbes can cause deep blackheads.
- Not exfoliating the skin which results in accumulation of debris.
- Hormonal changes.
- Certain drugs can cause blackheads.
How To Get Rid of Deep Blackheads?
- Home remedies: There are many home remedies that have proven to be useful in removing blackheads. You must do a patch test before going for these home-based remedies to check how to your skin reacts to them. Also, in some cases, they might be ineffective and that depends on person to person. In such scenarios, it is advisable, to seek professional help for removal of deep blackheads.
- Mineral Oils: Of all home-based remedies, mineral oils are really effective in clearing deep blackheads. These essential concentrates have natural healing properties that are effective in removing accumulated debris around the hair follicle surrounding the blackhead. These potent healers also inhibit microbes that clog and skin.
- Honey: Honey is a wonder ingredient, it benefits skin in a lot of way. This natural agent helps in removing stubborn blackheads by sticking to the pores and extracting it from deep within. In this method, take some milk and mix a bit of raw honey. Heat the mixture for five to ten minutes in your microwave and mix well. Apply the paste to affected areas of blackheads. Keep this to dry for 20 minutes and then peel them off carefully. You will see tough blackheads coming off. Now, follow up by washing your face with cold water and apply a moisturizer.
- Egg Whites: Egg whites can tone and tighten up skin. Make a mask by applying layers of egg white and white tissue paper to the blackhead-affected area and let it sit for 20 minutes. Peel off gently and see the blackheads coming off the on the tissue paper. Here’s the complete method to make the egg white mask.
- Baking Soda: This could be a strong home remedy to remove blackheads, but it is highly effective when it comes to tackling such stubborn skin issues. Not only does it help in oil control, but it also exfoliates the skin well to prevent recurrence of such blackheads. Cleanse your face very well, then make a paste of baking soda by mixing it with water and blending both the constituents well. Now, apply the paste by spreading it overall the blackhead affected areas. Keep it for 3 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. You have to use this twice a week.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a very effective remedy when it comes to treating deep blackheads. It unclogs pores and inhibits occurrence of blackheads. In this method, mix vinegar and mint in a small bottle and store it for 1 week in cool and dark place. After a week, take it out and add a cup of water and refrigerate it for a week again. Before bedtime, after cleansing, use clean cotton balls to apply this toner. Leave on overnight or up to several hours if you have sensitive skin and rinse off in the morning. Follow up with a moisturizer. Mint gives a nice cooling sensation to the skin which feels quite refreshing.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon contains alpha hydroxy acid due to which it works great in exfoliating akin and removing pimple and blackhead problems. To use this, you have to use ti alongside honey as it eliminates microbes. Mix some honey, yogurt, salt and lemon juice and store it in a bowl. Apply scrub on the face and do exfoliation, now apply this natural mixture evenly. Use this every day and this will reduce deep blackheads.
- Yoghurt: Yogurt is anti-bacterial in nature that removes germs and impurities from the skin which clogs pores. Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal, three tablespoons of plain yogurt, lemon juice and olive oil to make a fine paste. Apply to your face, focusing on the affected areas. Keep it for 5 minutes, rinse off with water and follow up with a moisturizer. Do this every day to see speedy results.
- Green Tea: It is well-known that green tea contains antioxidants that prevents free radical damage. It also has anti-oxidative properties and helps in healing pimples and blackheads. Take hot water in a cup and place 2 green tea bags for an hour. Transfer the liquid into a glass and refrigerate it for two hours. Use a cotton ball to apply this on the face and keep it for some time. Rinse off with water, do this every day to see quick results.
- Extractor based removal: In this method, a special instrument called a round loop extractor is used by a dermatologist to remove the plug causing the blackhead. This makes a small opening in the plug. Then by putting pressure the clog is removed using the extractor. It sometimes becomes a painful method of removal.
- Microdermabrasion: The main technique of this method is to use a tool that has a rough surface. It aids in removing the top layers of skin as a result of which the plus causing the clog gets removes as well. And you get blackhead free skin.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels also function in similar way and remove clogs that are responsible for causing blackheads. In this, a strong chemical solution is applied to the skin. This solution removes the top layers of the skin and reveals smoother and glowing skin. It is usually performed by dermatologists.
- Laser therapy: Laser light is also used to treat deep blackheads. In this method, tiny beams of intense light are projected on blackhead affected regions so as to decrease oil production or kill bacteria. This is a very effective method of removal as laser light penetrates deeper layers of the skin without damaging the top layers of the skin.
This was all about the list of effective remedies to treat deep blackheads. While home-made remedies can become ineffective at times, cosmetic procedures to treat deep blackheads have borne fruits with absolute certainty. However, prevention is always better than cure. In order to prevent occurrence of deep blackheads, make sure to cleanse your face at least twice a day, don’t forget to remove makeup while going to bed as it becomes breeding ground of such issues, use non-comedogenic products, change your pillow cases and bedding and follow a healthy diet. All these little efforts on your part will give you beautiful skin. Deep blackheads are tough to remove but not impossible to remove at all. In case, home-based remedies don’t work for you, consider to pay a visit to your dermatologist and get the issue resolved. Hope this helps!