WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Back and shoulder acne is a very common skin problem and scores of young men and women suffer from breakouts on their shoulder and back, especially during summers, and it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. But it’s a fact that it’s a challenge to treat such kind of acne. During period of breakouts, you may not be confident enough to wear your favorite sleeveless or backless dresses. Bacne and shoulder acne can turn into scars and dark spots if not treated early. So, read on for effective treatments and home remedies that can help get rid of pimples on back and shoulders.
1. Topical Application: As soon as you see pimples on your back and shoulders, try using topical treatment lotions, creams, shower gels, and soaps that contain ingredients such as retinol, salicylic acid and benzol peroxide. Such products can reduce the intensity of breakouts and subsequent scarring.
2. Treat the Underlying Cause: If bacne is caused due to dandruff, seborrhoea, PCOD or intake of certain medications, treating these underlying issues would help you get rid of acne eventually. Also, application of ice or aloe vera gel post laser treatment will treat acne due to irritation caused by laser and chemical treatments.
3. Light Therapy: Artificial low intensity ultraviolet light is applied on the affected skin for a specific time period on a regular basis to get rid of acne on the back and shoulders.
4. Photodynamic Therapy (PDT): It makes use of photosensitizing agents along with red and/or blue light to get rid of acne on the back and shoulders. It will be very painful and comes with far more severe side effects than traditional light therapy, but also tends to produce better results.
Home Remedies to Treat Pimples on Back and Shoulders:
Women prefer home remedies because they are not loaded with chemicals or harmful preservatives and at the same time effective. Here are some of the remedies:
1. Taking bath in Epsom or sea salt mixed water can help in relieving the breakout of acne on the back and shoulders naturally. You can also try oatmeal bath by adding 2-3 tbsp of powdered oatmeal into warm bath water and massage it on the back and shoulders to clear acne.
2. Mix one portion of apple cider vinegar with two portions of water, fill it in a spray bottle and put it in the refrigerator. Spray this mixture every night before going to sleep on the bacne as ACV helps in neutralizing the pH of the skin and has amazing antibacterial properties.
3. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with water to make a paste and apply it on the acne to get rid of them as baking soda is effective in exfoliating the skin and neutralize the pH parity of skin. Wash it off after a few minutes.
4. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel is the best solution to treat all kind of skin issues because of its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. Your back will feel refreshed when you apply some fresh aloe vera gel on your back and shoulder directly. Do this twice a day for effective results.
5. Tea tree oil: It is a popular ingredient to treat acne by killing bacteria. Dilute 2-3 tablespoons of tea tree oil with 1 cup of water and apply this solution with the help of cotton 2-3 times a day to get rid of the bacne.
6. Take a handful of mint leaves and grind them and apply this paste on the acne affected area. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off.
7. Massaging your back with coconut oil daily before taking a bath will sooth your acne and will treat it eventually.
8. Curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that can help treat acne. Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder in water or curd to make a thick paste. Apply it on your skin for 20 minutes and then wash it.
9. A mixture of honey and oats will help you cleanse facial pores, soothing your back. Just boil oats and add honey to it. Once the mixture is cool, apply it on acne and leave for 20 minutes. Wash it later.
10. Garlic has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties from allicin, so extract some juice from few garlic cloves and apply it on bacne using cotton. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse off.
Flaunt your smooth back and shoulders with these remedies and say bye-bye to acne forever!