By Deepika J.
How you all are doing?
Today, I am going to review Giovanni Straight Fast Straightening Elixir.
Rs. 695 for 200 ml.
3 years from the date of manufacture.
- Smoothes and soothes hair for the ultimate sleek style.
- Straightens hair temporarily until your next shampoo.
- Certified organic botanicals protect hair from heat styling.
- Smooths the curls, relax the waves, control the unruliest hair. This lightweight crystal clear gel, adds silky shine while it repels humidity. Your hair is sleek and stays totally touchable. Perfect for all hair types.
*The elements of earth, wind, fire and water represent a unique combination of certified organic botanicals and incredible style.
Aqua (purified water),Glycerin , cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, phenyltrimethicone,* Eschscholzia californica,*urtica dioica(nettle) extract, *rosa canina (rose hips) fruit extract, *rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract,*citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit extract, tocopherol (vitamin e),panthenol(pro vitamin b5),phenoxyethanol,fragnance (includes essential oils)
*certified organic. No animal By-products and cruelty free
This product comes in a white, transparent, plastic tube with a white flip cap. It is mentioned on tube that it is America’s #1 organic hair care brand which gives superior smoothing, soothing, straightening formula with natural botanicals that protects hair while creating silky shine and it doesn’t have sodium lauryl sulphate, parabens, mineral oil, artificial colors, phthalates, propylene glycol.
The gel is completely transparent and is not sticky. It has a mild fragrance.
Directions To Use:
Distribute evenly through towel-dried hair. Pull hair straight with brush while blow-drying. To finish, squeeze a smaller amount and smooth on dry hair. Can be mixed with other Giovanni products to add shine to any style.
My Take on Giovanni Straight Fast Straightening Elixir:
I got this product from Mantri Mall, Bengaluru. As I have frizzy and curly hair, I straighten my hair using straightening iron. So, I was in need of something which would hold my straightened hair, protect it from damage caused by heat, also which would moisturize and add shine to my hair until my next shampoo.
I came across this product which claimed to meet all my needs. What I do is after taking head bath, on semi-dry hair, I spread this gel evenly in a good amount all over my hair. Then, I begin to straighten my hair with the straightening iron. Then again, after finishing off, I apply a very small amount of this gel on my hair and spread it out properly with comb followed by Oriflame’s Style Hold Hair Spray. Now, I am done and end up with super shiny hair. I have used this product many times and I have noticed that I have comparatively less hair fall and damage after using the straightening iron. It acts as a hair protectant with styling.
Also, it keeps my style (straight hair) until my next shampoo. One benefit of this product is that it doesn’t have any sodium lauryl sulphate and parabens. It does work on very unruly curls and does add shine to the hair.
Pros of Giovanni Straight Fast Straightening Elixir:
I can list out many merits:
- Protects hair from damage while styling and this is a must-have product for those who use straightening iron frequently.
- Protects hair from heat.
- Adds shine to the hair.
- Works on all hair types.
- Does control unruly waves and curls.
- My hair length is a little more than below shoulder and for this length, I can easily use this product for about 40-45 times I guess.
- Does not contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate, mineral oil, artificial colors, phthalates, propylene glycol.
- Packaging is convenient in taking out the gel.
Cons of Giovanni Straight Fast Straightening Elixir:
- Does not provide adequate moisturization to the hair and the hair surface becomes hard after 15 minutes of application. Again, hair gets restored to its softer texture.
Would I Repurchase Giovanni Straight Fast Straightening Elixir?
I think yes, if I don’t find anything better than this.
Garnier Fructis Silky Straight 24/7 Strengthening Shampoo
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo
Livon Pin Straight Hair Conditioner
Schwarzkopf Supersoft Straight and Glossy Nutrition Shampoo and Conditioner
L’Oreal Paris Studio Line Silk & Gloss Hot Straight Cream
Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair With Liquid Keratin Asia Straight Shampoo
Lakme Fast and Fabulous Nail Paints – Part II