Lucky are those who are blessed naturally with long and thick eyelashes. We women try every trick in the book to get them long, full, and beautiful. Using lash lengthening and volumizing mascaras is one easy trick, but most of the times, we end up damaging the few lash hair that we have. This post will be your complete beauty guide to achieve the eyelashes of your dreams, just sit back and practice batting them hard because you are going to grow them long and strong with these remedies that we have listed out. Here are some tried and tested ways to grow longer and thicker eyelashes:
Here are some eyelash growth serums on the market that you can safely and regularly apply on your eyelashes to achieve a long and luscious growth.
- L’Oréal Paris Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum Concentrated Lash Boosting Serum: This serum helps to make your eyelashes longer, reduce eyelash breakage and overall adds to thickness and lusciousness of your lashes. It’s a great all-in-one product for your lashes.
- Estée Lauder Lash Primer Plus: This serum is a pure treat for your eyelashes. It feels super lightweight, does not flake or crumble, and really boosts the length and thickness of your lashes. It also works well for the bottom lashes.
- Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Serum: A great pick from the drugstore, especially if you are on a budget, this serum works wonders for your lashes. It thickens, lengthens and strengthens the lashes from the roots. This one can be used on your eyebrows as well to promote growth and make them look thick and luscious.
- Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers Lash Primer: Another high-end eyelash serum that works exceptionally well to make your eyelashes stronger, thicker and much more luscious.
- Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base: Eyelash primers are becoming quite the rage on the beauty scene lately. However, this one by Shiseido is exceptionally nourishing. It coats your lashes with its moisturizing and growth enhancing formula so that your lashes stay nourished, protected and look thicker (with or without mascara). The formula is also very lightweight, so it doesn’t feel uncomfortable at all.
- Talika Eyelash Conditioning Cream: This eyelash conditioning cream comes packaged in a cute little blue jar. Although you don’t get a lot of product in the packaging, this cream is potent and works like magic to moisturize and lengthen your lashes.
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream and Lash Serum Duo: Although this product is from a drugstore brand, it is priced on a par with some of the high-end brands. However, it’s totally worth the price tag. If you are looking for instant results, then this eye cream and lash serum duo is the one for you. Of course, it doubles up as two great products in one, which is wonderful, but the best part is that it gives you thicker, fuller and stronger lashes within the first few days of use!
- Petroleum Jelly: Yet another extremely budget-friendly option, Vaseline or petroleum jelly applied directly to your lashes helps keep them thick, long and nourished. Nothing better than the good old petroleum jelly!
- Castor Oil: If you choose to go the natural and DIY way, there’s no better ingredient than castor oil to help enhance the growth and thickness of your lashes. It almost works like magic! You could apply castor oil by itself directly to your lashes, or you could mix it in with a variety of other moisturizing and growth enhancing oils such as olive oil or almond oil.
Make Your Own Eyelash Growth Serum:
To make this serum, you would need 2 tbsp of castor oil, 2 vitamin E capsules (Evion), 8 to 10 basil leaves. Pour 2 tbsp of castor oil into a bowl. Break the two vitamin E capsules and mix both the liquids well. Add basil leaves. Keep this bowl on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Once the mixture cools down, transfer the liquid to a bottle after removing basil leaves. Store the bottle in a cool and dark place. Apply this liquid on the eyelids for a few seconds every night before going to bed. You would be able to see new eyelashes growing out.
Natural Ingredients That Help in Growing Grow Longer and Thicker Eyelashes:
- Castor oil: Castor oil is hailed for its magical effect upon the eyelashes. Take a few drops of castor oil and gently massage it onto your eyelashes (including the roots) with your fingers. Make sure not to tug at or pull the lashes. Leave this on for overnight. With regular use, you will notice a healthy and voluminous growth of eyelashes.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is touted for its numerous health and beauty benefits. Topical application of coconut oil to the eyelashes will promote a healthy growth of the hairs. You could incorporate this ritual as part of your nighttime skincare routine.
- Petroleum Jelly: You may have heard of this one before. Petroleum jelly or Vaseline provides your lashes with that much-needed emollient that promotes the fast and healthy growth of long eyelashes.fingers dipped in jar of petroleum jelly.
- Castor Oil and Olive Oil: The combination of these two oils is seen to have a great effect on the growth of eyelashes. Blend the two oils together and gently apply it to your eyelashes and leave it on for overnight.
- Lemon Peel: Lemon peel is known to have beneficial effects upon the eyelashes growth. Take the peel of a lemon and chop it into very fine pieces. Allow the finely chopped lemon peel bits to soak in a little bit of castor oil or olive oil for a few hours. Now apply this oil mixture to your eyelashes and leave it on for overnight for best results.
- Green Tea: Green tea can be very beneficial when it comes to promoting eyelash growth. The antioxidants in the green tea help your eyelashes grow faster, longer and healthier. Brew some green tea leaves in water and allow it to cool. Gently apply this water to your eyelashes and allow it to dry. With regular use, your eyelashes will grow longer and thicker.
- Vitamin E Capsule: Open up a capsule of Vitamin E and gently apply the oil from within onto your eyelashes. This is known to promote healthier, thicker and longer eyelash growth.
- Almond oil: This nutrient-rich oil will naturally grow out eyelashes by providing nourishment to sparse hair.
Tips To Keep in Mind To Promote Eyelash Growth:
- Always remove your makeup at the end of the day.
- Use coconut oil or olive oil to remove eye makeup, especially if it is a waterproof formula.
- Make sure to wear clean and hygienic eye makeup. Do not share your eye makeup with others and make sure to replace products well before their expiry date.
- Include lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, and proteins in your diet. The proteins that you eat will play an instrumental role in promoting eyelash growth.
How To Grow Long Eyelashes With Castor Oil:
Growing long, luscious lashes is considered an important aspect of beauty. In fact, women spend so many bucks on eyelash products, all with the aim of making lashes thicker and longer. Here is a very cost-effective and inexpensive remedy to grow out lashes.
- Take an empty mascara bottle. Make sure its cleaned thoroughly of all the mascara with soap solution (let it sit overnight). We want to make sure our used mascara bottle is cleaned up well so we don’t have any traces of chemicals in it. Into this clean bottle, pour in castor oil.
- To this, add 5-6 drops of Vitamin E (you can pick Evion capsules from any medical store). Mix the oil and vitamin E oil with help of mascara wand.
- Apply this combination starting from base of eyelashes combing it through to the tip every night. Also, you can apply this to your brows.
- Within a month, you can see healthy and dark eyelashes.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes: Products, Enhancers and Conditioners:
Various eyelash growth products are available in the market now. While some are known as “eyelash food,” others are known as “eyelash enhancer” or “eyelash conditioner.” No matter which one you choose to use, make sure it is approved by the right kind of authorities because eyes are delicate and you must apply products which are not harmful. These products are applied along the eyelash line for stimulating the growth of eyelashes so that you get longer eyelashes. Some such products are:
- Latisse, which contains an active ingredient named bimatoprost that works as an eyelash booster.
- Rapidlash Eyelash Renewal System, which contains vitamins, minerals, proteins and antioxidants to help grow long eyelashes.
- Lilash, which contains components like lupinus albus seed extract, panthenol, glycerin, colloidal silver and silica for strengthening eyelashes and make them grow.
- Revitalash, which takes care of brittle and weak lashes and promotes growth of long lashes.
- Lashfood, which is known to be a natural eyelash conditioner to grow long eyelashes.
There are many other products like these ones. Each one has its own directions for usage and it is desired that you go through the instructions properly. Moreover, you should have a talk with your physician before you choose to use them. Most of them need to be used daily. While these eyelash growth products are affordable and effective, they might have side effects like irritation of eyes. So, ask your physician before using them.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes with Eyelash Extensions:
Eyelash extensions give a fresh and beautiful look to your eyes. They became popular in the 1990s and now almost everyone is using them to get instantly long eyelashes. Eyelash extensions are applied by professionals at reputed salons. Since this is not a medical procedure, it can be done in salons. The procedure takes sometime because you need to wait till the new lashes bond with your own eyelashes properly. The effect can last for a few months.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes with Eyelash Transplant:
Eyelash transplants are very much in vogue these days. It is often considered to be a safe procedure and very effective. You can go for either reconstructive eyelash transplantation or aesthetic eyelash transplantation, depending upon the reason for which you want to get long eyelashes. The client (patient) is subjected to local anesthesia during the procedure and this can take from one to three hours’ time. Moreover, there can be complications like swelling of the operated area, infection of the eyelids, scarring and such others. You should go to a reputed surgeon for this procedure and make sure that you talk to him or her about whatever question you have regarding the various aspects of eyelash transplants.
Easy and Effective Ways to Grow Long Eyelashes:
Enough of medications, anaesthesia and cosmetic treatments! Let’s now find out what the reservoir of our very own home remedies can do to our eyelashes. It is best if you use these remedies after you clean your eyes of any makeup product like eyeliner and mascara. Moreover, you must take care that the products you use shouldn’t enter your eyes and must only be restricted to your lashes. Moreover, you should be patient as they take time to show results. Here are a few things you can do at the convenience of your home if you want to get longer eyelashes:
- Apply some petroleum jelly on your eyelashes. This can be done three times a week.
- Apply olive oil on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Leave it overnight and remove the oil next morning. Alternately, you can soak some lemon peels in olive oil for a few days and use this mixture on your lashes to promote healthy and long lashes.
- You can also mix castor oil with olive oil and apply it regularly to promote growth of lashes.
- Apply on your eyelashes some cool green tea, to which you have not added any sugar.
- Go for a gentle eyelid massage once in a while.
- Ask your doctor for the right kind of vitamin oil for your lashes and you can apply this oil on your lashes to get longer eyelashes.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes with Food:
The right kind of diet facilitates the process of eyelash growth, if you can pair it with other treatments. Though it can do nothing only by itself, it acts as a catalyst when used with other processes. Eat high-protein food items like chicken, fish, soy, meat and tofu. For vitamins, take in eggs, citrus fruits, tomatoes and fish oil. Have green leafy vegetables as well as orange and yellow fruits and vegetables. Eat whole grains, green peppers, dairy products, legumes and nuts.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes with Makeup:
The makeup tips and tricks can take care of your purpose temporarily by creating an illusion of longer eyelashes. Here are a few ideas:
- False eyelashes are now easily available and they can give an illusion of fuller and long eyelashes. You can either go for band eyelashes or individual eyelashes to create dramatic eye makeup looks.
- Use an eyelash curler to give the lashes a fuller look. This trick works if you do not have excessively small lashes.
- Invest in the right kind of mascara and sweep two or three coats over your lashes. With this, the lashes look fuller and longer.
Natural Oils To Use To Grow Longer and Thicker Eyelashes:
- Olive oil
- Castor oil.
- Almond oil.
Avoid These Mistakes if you want Long Eyelashes:
Eyelashes are soft and delicate compared to the hair anywhere on the body and that’s why if you want long, thick, and luscious lashes, you should give up a few bad habits. Here are 10 mistakes that you should completely avoid in order to maintain your beautiful lashes perfectly.
- Do not rub your eyes vigorously, be gentle on your eyes and lashes.
- Replace your mascara every three months, even if it was worth more than a thousand bucks.
- Do not use waterproof mascara every day, you might not have noticed, but your lashes tend to easily fall off with waterproof mascara.
- Curling eyelashes incorrectly – be gentle and make sure you are curling your lashes the right way.
- Take off that mascara at the end of the day, right before you hit the sack.
How To Use Castor Oil To Promote Eyelash Growth:
Castor oil is best to grow out eyelash hair because it has beneficial nutrients like proteins, minerals, fatty acids and various anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. It has vitamin E which encourages healthy hair regrowth. It is extremely hydrating and moisturizing as it has omega 9 fatty acids which penetrate deep into the skin to clean out the pores and nourish the follicles that produce hair. Castor oil contains naturally high levels of ricinoleic acid which provides nourishment to your lashes and helps accelerate eyelash growth. Here are four ways to use castor oil for your eyelashes:
- Method 1: Pick up a small amount of castor oil by dipping a cotton swab gently into the oil. Now, apply the oil carefully on your lashes. Leave it overnight and wash off the castor oil in the morning with water or makeup remover. Do it for couple of weeks until you notice the difference.
- Method 2: You can make a serum-like mixture by adding Vaseline, coconut oil and castor oil. Blend them really well. Apply a coat of this mixture to your upper and lower lashes by using a mascara wand. Leave it on overnight and wipe it off in the morning using makeup removing wipes.
- Method 3: You can mix castor oil with few drops of grape seed oil and almond oil. This mixture can be applied gently on your eyelashes. Leave it for an hour and wash it off. Do it daily for best results.
- Method 4: You can increase the benefits of castor oil by adding few drops of olive oil to it as olive oil is rich in vitamins A and E and is also packed with antioxidants. Take both the oils in equal quantities. Use a clean mascara wand or an eyeliner brush to apply this combination to your upper and lower lash line. Leave it on overnight and remove using makeup wipes in the morning.
10 Ways To Make Your Eyelashes 5 Times Longer and Thicker:
- Castor oil and vitamin E: Mix equal quantities (or drops of) of vitamin E and castor oil in a bottle. Shake well and apply this mixture to the base of your eyelashes every night. Do this religiously and you would see the difference in the length and density of your lashes.
- Lemon-infused oil: Make a lemon-infused castor oil concoction by dipping lemon peel in a little quantity of castor oil. Allow it to stand for 15 days and after that, apply it to the base of your eyelashes every night.
- Lavender and coconut oil: Lavender oil and coconut oil both promote hair growth. In 1 tbsp of coconut oil, add 4 drops of lavender essential oil. Mix well and apply on the base of your eyelashes and leave overnight. Wash off in the morning. If you have sensitive eyes, do confirm with your doctor whether you can use it on your eyes.
- Shea butter and vitamin E: You can find raw shea butter at organic stores or online. In one tbsp of shea butter, squeeze in 3 or 4 vitamin E capsules. Warm it up a bit and apply on the base of your eyelashes before you hit the bed.
- Vaseline: It is believed that Vaseline aids in hair growth. Dab a little Vaseline and leave it overnight. Vaseline will also moisturize your eyelids.
- Honey and olive oil: In one tbsp honey, add a few drops of olive oil. Shake this mixture well and apply on the base of your eyelashes.
- Aloe vera gel, castor oil, and vitamin E: Mix a few drops of castor oil in a bit of organic aloe vera gel and a few drops of vitamin E. Store this mixture in a dry container and apply it every night.
- Sweet almond oil, castor oil, vitamin E: I can count numerous benefits of sweet almond oil, but since we are talking about eyelashes; let me tell you that in combination with a few drops of vitamin E and castor oil, it works amazingly to lengthen and thicken your eyelashes.
- Latisse Solution: This is an ophthalmic solution and you would definitely need to consult a doctor and get it prescribed by him/her because side effects are reported. This solution is prescribed by the doctors to treat hypotrichosis or to those people who have sparse lashes and to grow eyelashes longer and thicker.
- Castor oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, almond oil, vitamin E: People vouch that this potion works like magic in growing out eyelashes longer and thicker. Try it for yourself by mixing in equal quantities of all the above ingredients and storing it in a tube and apply it to your lashes with a clean and dry wand.
Follow Rati Tehri Singh on: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter