Healthy Lasagna Recipe – Step by Step
I was reading posts by rati and other ‘Diet conscious’ people on IMBB and I realized I should do a post on a recipe which is very healthy , it is very unhealthy in the real version but I tweaked it from all the sides 😛 and crated a whole desi, vegetarian and healthy version which taste exactly like the original (not so healthy) one 😛 .
I will be teaching you ladies how to make lasagna 🙂 , I know you must be thinking OHMYGOD it has so much cheese in it and maida but wait for it ladies this one is without any cheese or maida . 🙂 so here goes , you will need – to make the layers of pasta – 4 big spoons of atta ,olive oil and salt.
– quickly pour both olive oil and water into well
– use your hands to form all of the dough into a ball
– now take a bowl which has been heated and cover the dough with it or you can cover it with a warm damp towel for 10-15 minutes to give the ingredients time to mix together (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, your pasta will be hard to work with/taste funny)
Now that our pasta is done we will make our two sauces
WHITE SAUCE –
Take 4 big spoons of atta , In a small, heavy saucepan, put 4 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat.
Blend 3 tablespoons of flour into it and add salt to taste .make sure to put it on very low heat , we have to cook it till it loses its flour flavor ( 2-5 minutes , make sure that it doesn’t burn.
Now add milk little by little because if you pour in all the milk it will become chunky . you can take one glass of milk to make the sauce think or if you want it more runny you can put more milk . 🙂
You are done with your white sauce now all you need to do is put oregano in it and cover it so that the beautiful smell or oregano stays in it
RED SAUCE – take as many tomatoes you want , I took 4 big ones cause I love red sauce :p and grind them into a puree paste 🙂
The secret behind a great red sauce is to cook it as much as you can , the real Italian red sauce is sometimes cooked for 3 or 4 days :p , I cook mine for half an hour ( remember to put it on low heat and cover it because it will bubble and ruin you marble tile :p ) .till the time you sauce is cooking you should.
– Cut all the vegetable in small sizes , I like them a bit big cut but you can cut it smaller too I cut paalak,carrot and shalgam
– You can cook them to soften them up a little , just take a big kadai and put the vegetable in it and just let them cook in their own water for about 15 minutes till they become soft .
– By this time you sauce will be done so just mix oregano and cover it up to
– I mix both my sauces and the vegetable together so that the vegetables become soft and soak in the flavor of both the sauces.
– Now we are done with the filling of the lasagna so now we will make the layers of pasta
You just need to make it like a roti just make square rotis :p , the secret of it not tasting like atta is that it should be very slim , the more fat the layer of pasta is the more chewy it will get , so make sure to make very slim layers .
– We will not boil this pasta because it is freshly made 🙂
– Now take a square or any shaped over and microwave friendly glass dish and start plating the lasagna up .one layer of pasta then one layer of the sauces and vegetables .make 3 to 5 layers like that.
– You finished product should look like this ( cover up any place where there is no sauce )
– Now bake this in the oven but I have microwave :p I put it on grill+normal cocking for an hour but I take it out every 15 minutes too check if its not sticky and burning .after cooking take it out and let it set for half an hour and then serve :0
This is the finished product in the process of being finished by me :p
Hope you enjoy it . 🙂