By Komalpreet K.
Hello lovely ladies,
I am so excited to share my first review here at IMBB and I hope you like it! So, a few weeks back, I was in the market in search of a good everyday shampoo for my hair. And sitting in one of the aisles in the shampoo section was an attractive-looking pink bottle of this Herbal Essences Colour Me Shiny Shine Enhancing Shampoo. I picked up the bottle, flipped open the cap and smelled it (for those of you who don’t know me, I am a sucker for good fragrances. I mean a good fragrance is one of the topmost criteria for me to purchase a body or a hair care product!!!). And as soon as I smelled it, I knew I had to have this. To know how it fared, read on:
Herbal Essences Colour Me Shiny Shampoo is enriched with a fusion of roses and satin. Your dull hair will love its lush formula. It is packed with conditioners to keep your hair healthy and truly radiant.
Rs. 205 for 300 ml. It is available in personal care sections of most of the local supermarkets and can also be bought online.
The product comes with a flip-open cap. It is a curvaceous, transparent pink-colored bottle. A no-mess sturdy packaging. I like it.
My Take on Herbal Essences Colour Me Shiny Shine Enhancing Shampoo:
Now, before I describe my experience, let me tell you a little bit about my hair. My hair is long and color-treated. I have an oily scalp with normal/dry hair. So, now when you know my hair type, let’s get to the review.
The moment you open the bottle, the first thing you notice is the amazing fragrance. It is a sweet and flowery smell. It lingers on while you lather the shampoo in your hair, but fades away pretty soon thereafter. The shampoo is a transparent liquid and is of a little bit runny consistency. It lathers very well and leaves the scalp clean. I use this on my hair every alternate day. It makes my hair soft, silky and shiny. I have also noticed a subtle color-enhancing effect it has on my hair. What can I say, I am more than satisfied with this shampoo!
Pros of Herbal Essences Colour Me Shiny Shine Enhancing Shampoo:
- The shampoo leaves the scalp clean and does not leave any residue behind.
- Leaves hair soft and shiny.
- Enhances the color of color-treated hair.
- Has a nice, sleek yet sturdy packaging. The transparent bottle helps you track how much of the product is remaining. (So you precisely know when to buy your next shampoo bottle).
- Inexpensive/relatively affordable.
- Has an amazing fragrance.
Cons of Herbal Essences Colour Me Shiny Shine Enhancing Shampoo:
- Although the description says it is packed with conditioners, this shampoo won’t leave your hair moisturized/ conditioned. You will most certainly need a separate conditioner after using it (especially if you have dry hair like me).
- The fragrance, though heavenly, is very short-lived. I would have liked if the fragrance lasted a little while longer.
- I usually don’t have frizzy hair, but sometimes in this humid weather, I do have a few strands of frizz once in a while and I have found it does not help with it. This is not exactly a con since the product does not claim to take care of frizzy hair, but I thought you guys should know.
- Last but not the least, there is nothing “herbal” about it. It is packed with chemicals! I am guessing that can’t be good for the hair in the long run.
Would I Repurchase Herbal Essences Colour Me Shiny Shine Enhancing Shampoo?
Yes, I would also like to try other shampoos from this range.
Do I Recommend Herbal Essences Colour Me Shiny Shine Enhancing Shampoo?
Yes, especially if you have lackluster and/or colored hair, but avoid this if you have very dry or frizzy hair.
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Shampoo
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Conditioner
Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo
Tom Ford Lip Colour – Violet Fatale
Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick – Naked
Victoria’s Secret Shiny Kiss Flavored Gloss – Taffy Go Lucky
Tresemme Smooth and Shine Shampoo
Sunsilk Co-Creations Radiant Shine Shampoo
The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo
Nivea Diamond Gloss Shine Shampoo
Wella Pro Series Shine Shampoo and Conditioner