Almond oil is counted as one of the best hair oils to nourish the scalp and make it healthy and shiny. There’s no doubt that almond oil with its abundant nutrients, it can give a big boost of moisture and hydration to the hair to make it lustrous and also helps in repairing frizzy, dull, and dry and damaged hair too. With regular use of almond oil hot oil treatment, hair becomes soft and shiny. In this post, we would tell you how to use this amazing oil as hot oil treatment in different combinations. Hot oil treatments are popular and extremely beneficial for hair because they help to seal in the cuticle and strengthen the hair.
Why Do Hot Oil Treatment:
This is a treatment in which you use different kind of oils and herbs and let them infuse in your hair. You can do it once a week with the oil of your choice preferably containing keratin. This is the kind of treatment that will solve all your hair woes and suits all hair types.
Benefits of Hot Oil Treatment:
1. Reverse the damage done by hair styling methods: If you are treating your hair regularly to hot oil treatment, your hair will say thank you by behaving the way you want no more bad hair days.
2. Prevents frizz: Frizzy hair is the most difficult thing to handle without any styling or shall I say abusing. Best way to get rid of that frizzy hair is to get a hot oil treatment without weighing down your hair.
3. Stimulates hair growth: Haven’t you always envied those girls with silky long tresses, well I have! Hot Oil Hair Treatment stimulates the growth of new hair that is thick and lustrous.
4. Protect against dandruff problems and dry scalp issues: This treatment also helps to solve all your dandruff and dry scalp problems by deep conditioning and intense moisturizing your scalp and every hair strand. This will also give immense shine to your tresses.
5. Mitigates the affect of hair dye: Some of us must have used hair dyes in our life. They contain so many harmful chemicals which can really damage our hair in more ways than you can imagine. Regular hair oil treatment will protect your hair follicles from all the damage.
Additionally, hot oil treatment:
- Hydrates and nourishes scalp.
- Strengthens hair, from root to ends.
- Nourishes hair
- Adds shine.
- Reduces dandruff
- Frizz control.
Tips for Doing Hot Oil Control at Home:
- Do not use synthetic oil, always use 100% natural oils on the scalp and hair.
- Do not use scalding hot oil on the hair or scalp, bring the hot oil to room temperature.
- Always do hot oil treatment on clean scalp and hair.
How To Do Hot Oil Treatment at Home:
Things you will need: Natural oils of your choice, shower cap and towel.
1. Take the 5-6 tbsp of different oils of your choice. Take the oils in equal quantities. Heat them on a gas or in microwave depending upon your preference.
2. Add one to two drops of an essential oil to the bowl. Now this step is completely optional. If you just want the normal oils, they will work just fine. Then you do not need to add essential oils.
3. Stir the mixture with a spoon.
4. Remove this from the flame. Make sure the mixture is warm and not hot. Let it sit and then check on your wrist if it is comfortable to put on your scalp.
5. Start with a clean scalp. Slightly dampen your hair and apply the mixture with a brush or with fingers from roots to tips.
6. Cover with a shower cap. Then take a towel, rinse it in very warm water. Making sure your towel is not dripping any more, wrap your shower cap around with it.
hot oil treatment
7. Wait for an hour. You can remove the towel if you feel it getting cold but don’t remove the shower cap though.
8. Now after one hour, rinse your hair with warm water. Shampoo as usual with a mild shampoo. There is no need to follow up with a conditioner.
Do hot oil treatment at least once in a month, ideally once a week would fetch you great results.
Why use Almond Oil for Hot Oil Treatment?
Almond oil is an outstanding massage oil for the hair with its vitamin A and E content. It smoothens hair cuticles and helps repair damage hair. Just apply the oil on your hair and scalp in gentle circular motions to get beautiful hair. Are you wondering why is almond good for your hair? Here are the reasons:
- Adds luster to your hair.
- Promotes growth of hair.
- Protects hair from breakage.
- Prevents split ends.
- Nourishes hair.
- Seals cuticles
- Strengthens hair.
- Makes texture of hair silky by smoothing hair cuticles.
- Conditions hair.
10 Homemade Hot Oil Treatment with Almond Oil for Beautiful Hair:
1. Take equal quantities of castor oil, almond oil, and pure coconut oil and follow the procedure as above.
2. Take equal quantities of olive oil, almond oil, rosemary oil to boost blood circulation to the scalp and repair damaged hair.
3. Take equal amount of jojoba oil, almond oil, and a few drops of peppermint oil to treat itchy scalp and dandruff.
4. Take equal amount of grapeseed oil, almond oil, and coconut oil and follow the procedure as above.
5. Take equal amount of sesame oil, olive oil and castor oil and follow the treatment as above.
6. Take equal amount of argan oil, olive oil, almond oil
7. Take equal amount of olive oil and coconut oil and mix 2 tbsp of honey to it. Just heat lightly and apply on the scalp and hair with fingertips.
8. Take equal amount of avocado oil, olive oil, and almond oil and apply all over the scalp and hair.