Honey is one amazing natural skincare ingredient that can do wonders for all skin types – from normal, dry, combination, sensitive, to acne-prone skin. The key is in using honey in different combinations – for dry skin, it provides moisturization and hydration; on acne-prone skin – it works wonders with its anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. Honey is very moisturizing in nature and has skin-repairing properties. Honey can also draw out impurities from blocked pores and prevent acne breakouts. We do not need to elaborate much on the benefits of honey for beautiful skin, so, in this post, we list down various combinations in which you can use honey to treat skin issues. Check them out:
1. Honey + Nutmeg to Clear Acne: Nutmeg contains essential oils that are beneficial for your skin. When combined with honey, the antiseptic and antimicrobial properties add up to fight pimples and acne without irritating or drying out the skin. This face pack brightens skin and deeply cleanses out pores as well.
2. Honey + Aloe vera + Lemon Juice: To even out skin tone and to lighten dark spots, mix aloe vera and honey in equal amount, and add 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice. Mix well, keep for half an hour and rinse off.
3. Honey + Turmeric + Aloe Vera = Just add a pinch of turmeric in equal amounts of aloe vera and honey, and apply all over the face and neck to brighten up dull skin and to remove tan as well.
4. Honey + Milk: The lactic acid content of milk and the moisturizing properties of honey combine together to brighten up dull skin and rejuvenate the complexion. Use both these amazing ingredients in equal quantities.
5. Raw Honey + Olive Oil = This is an amazing face pack for dry skin. Take 1 tbsp of raw honey and mix 1 tbsp of olive oil. Massage all over face and rinse with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. People with oily skin can replace olive oil with jojoba oil which is non-comedogenic in nature.
6. Honey + Rice Flour + Tea Tree Oil = To clear out blackheads, take 1 tbsp rice flour, add 1 tbsp honey and 2 drops of tea tree oil. Mix well, apply over the blackheads, and rinse off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.