WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Cleopatra, the Egyptian queen, who is renowned for her beauty regimen and milk baths, used olive oil extensively in her beauty treatments. Beauty experts worldwide continuously praise about the beauty benefits of olive oil in treating dark spots. The vitamins and antioxidants in olive oil help in fading away scars by helping in regeneration of skin cells. But can Olive oil remove dark spots? We would say yes, but not as much as turmeric and potato face packs (read these posts here to here to know how). Olive oil is comparatively less effective in treating dark spots. Olive oil helps in overall lightening of skin tone, but it is not too effective in clearing up stubborn hyperpigmentation.
What Causes Dark Spots?
Various factors like hormonal imbalance, skin issues like acne, eczema, ageing, and overexposure to harmful sun rays trigger excess melanin production, a pigment that is responsible for our skin color. Excess production of melanin creates dark patches on the skin. Acne can also leave scars on your skin and these dark spots are called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks.
Can Olive Oil Remove Dark Spots?
Olive oil has the ability to heal the skin. Here are a few properties of olive oil that will naturally improve your complexion or lighten the appearance of dark spots on your face.
- Olive oil is rich in vital vitamins that have the ability to lighten the appearance of dark spots and discoloration.
- Vitamin C in olive oil is loaded with antioxidants that promote cell growth and prevents cell damage.
- Vitamins A and E in olive oil protect your skin against harmful UV rays and prevent hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin C and K in olive oil promote collagen production and elastin to make your skin firm.
- Olive oil is non-comedogenic (does not clog skin pores) by nature, which makes it an ideal remedy to treat dark spots on acne-prone skin.
- Olive oil has excellent anti-inflammatory properties that enhance the healing process of scars from acne and other skin ailments.
- It exfoliates your skin to cleanse impurities and pollutants from the skin.
- Hydrating and moisturizing in nature.
How To Use Olive Oil to Fade Dark Spots:
Method 1: Squeeze in a bit of lemon in 4 tsp of cold-pressed olive oil. Mix well and massage your face in circulation motion. Keep for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Pat your face dry with a soft towel.
Method 2: Mix two tsp of turmeric powder with 2 tsp of curd/yogurt. Add one full tbsp of olive oil and mix well. Apply all over the face and keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off and pat dry with a soft towel.
Method 3: Squeeze in 2 vitamin E capsules (Evion) into 2 tsp of olive oil. Mix well and apply on the face. You can keep it on for 20 minutes or leave it overnight. Rinse off by using only a mild cleanser.
Vitamins and minerals in olive oil can lighten your skin tone with regular use, but do not expect it to work like magic overnight. Olive oil will give you healthy and soft skin.
Home Remedies to Remove Shoulder and Back Acne in a Week
How Can I Get Fair Skin Permanently?
How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes
Top 15 Stretch Marks Removal Creams and Oils in India
20 Ways To Remove Acne Scars and Pimple Marks