Although, summer is not my favourite season, I love different kinds of fruits we get to savour in this season. Mangoes, watermelon, muskmelon, litchi, plums, cherries are just few of my favorites! I just enjoy filling up myself with these fruits and the plus point is that they are rich in fibre and save me from the guilt of adding too much calories to my body! Both water and musk melons are high in fibre and water content. Not only these fruits have a lot of health benefits, they are also good for our skin. So today, we are going to talk about the health and skin benefits of muskmelons. Let’s get started!
Benefits of Muskmelons for Hair, Skin and Health
• Muskmelon is rich in Vitamin C that aids in boosting immunity. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which fights against free radicals and helps in maintaining skin’s youthfulness. So, add this wonderful fruit to your platter to bypass those early signs of ageing.
• It is rich in Potassium which stabilizes the heart beat and aids in relaxation and focus. It combats stress and prevents cellular damage.
• Muskmelon is rich in beta carotenes which help in maintaining healthy eyesight.
• Vitamin C in melons helps in regulating menstrual flow and relieving cramps.
• The best benefit is that muskmelon aids in weight loss. Being low calorie and fibre rich fruit, it prevents you from overeating and prevents snacking in between meals.
• Being high in Folic Acid, it’s very good for pregnant woman.
• It contains Vitamin E and K that helps in keeping the skin healthy and glowing. High water content hydrates your skin from within. If you apply muskmelon juice on your skin, it makes it soft and moisturized.
• Musk Melon contains Inositol which is required to prevent hair loss and promote growth. It conditions our hair very well without leaving it oily or greasy.
DIY Recipes Using Muskmelons
• Muskmelon Toner
The juice of muskmelons can be straightaway used by dipping in a cotton pad and applied to your face. Leave it till it dries and then wash off with cold water.
• Muskmelon Scrub
Take 1 spoon of Oatmeal, add 2 spoons of muskmelon pulp and a pinch of turmeric. Gently massage this scrub in circular motion on your skin for 5-7 minutes and then wash with normal water.
• Muskmelon Mask for Dry Skin
Take 1 spoon of milk powder and add 2 spoons of melon pulp to it. Mix well to make a paste and apply on your skin for 10 minutes. Rinse well with cold water and apply a light moisturizer.
• Muskmelon Mask for Oily Skin
Take 2 spoons of muskmelon pulp and add half a spoon of lemon and 1 spoon of gram flour to it. Make a paste and apply on the skin. Let it dry, then wet your hands and rub it off gently. Now wash off with cold water and apply Aloe Vera gel.
• Muskmelon Conditioner for Hair
Mix equal portions of muskmelons and rose water and apply on wet hair. Keep it for 10 mins and rinse well will normal water to lock the shine.
So, these are few things that I wanted to share with you all in this article. Hope it will be useful.
Get Amazing Skin and Hair with These Seeds!
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
Important Vitamins and Nutrients For Healthy Hair
10 Homemade Fruit Face Packs For Glowing Skin
A Platter of Summer Fruit
Diet Salad and Vegetable Soup
Uses of Glycerin for Hair and Skin
The Correct Ways to Get Healthy and Shiny Hair
Summer Hair Care: Tips for Healthy Hair in Hot Weather
Image Source: 1, 2, 3